This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone II Tips & Tricks

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
This thread will teach you more about those good to know ROG Phone II features. Both in hardware and in ASUS ZenUI (Pie) that are easy to miss. Advanced users may already know some of these tips & tricks but we bet there’s something for everyone. Our goal is to continuously find more things to share with you and we encourage everyone to help us with this list by telling us about your own discoveries. Don't be shy 😉
Gaming
Disable animation for Armoury Crate and Game Genie

78 REPLIES 78

Can someone tell me if this is normal? The mobile network standby seems to eat up a lot of the phone's battery. I just got this phone a week ago and was wondering if this causes the phone's battery to run down quicker as i am not really feeling the difference that the 6000mah battery is supposed to be making.
HPI8KGIPUMWJ.jpg

kmvineetsingh
Star II
Is there a way to just view the clock without waking the screen and without activating full time screensaver

Yash_Sanghvi
Star II
Anders_ASUS

This thread will teach you more about those good to know ROG Phone II features. Both in hardware and in ASUS ZenUI (Pie) that are easy to miss. Advanced users may already know some of these tips & tricks but we bet there’s something for everyone. Our goal is to continuously find more things to share with you and we encourage everyone to help us with this list by telling us about your own discoveries. Don't be shy 😉

Gaming

1. Disable animation for Armoury Crate and Game Genie

ROG Phone II Tips & Tricks
Hi Andres. i recently saw your post regarding that red tint shift on ROG2. i'd also like to share my device details in order to help fix this issue as i decided to keep the device and not return it back to seller.

xmelv1976
Star I
lightning201220

Can someone tell me if this is normal? The mobile network standby seems to eat up a lot of the phone's battery. I just got this phone a week ago and was wondering if this causes the phone's battery to run down quicker as i am not really feeling the difference that the 6000mah battery is supposed to be making.

HPI8KGIPUMWJ.jpg

View post
9WRND8H62FU8.jpg
1)Disable Turn On Wi-Fi automatically

SIOR4AZNRB1E.jpg
2) Disable WiFi scanning.
Hope this 2 adjustment can solve your problem. It work for me.

maczugapl
Star II
lightning201220

HPI8KGIPUMWJ.jpg

View post
If you do not use 3G/4G a lot - I'd recommend to you to get yourself a "2G network toggle" (since there is no such option in system).
Use this: https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/widget-toggle-network-type-5-0-xda-t2945406
Helped me a lot with mobile network stanby as the 3G/4G keeps switching between network and causing a lot of battery drain for me. I simply keep the network for 2G whenever I use WiFi. This app requires root however.