This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG PHONE 2 touch is not smooth and stutters when connected to a game capture card.

Dank_Vint
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG PHONE 2
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Everytime when capture card is connected
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app)
I'm a game streamer and It doesn't give a best experience when touch is not smooth when capture card is connected. Game starts to stutter when the capture card is connected but works very fine when I remove the HDMI capture card. Is there a fix or Should I move on for other gaming phones? Disappointed.
6 REPLIES 6

akhilj66
Rising Star II
Dank Gaming

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ROG PHONE 2
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not: Not Rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Everytime when capture card is connected
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app)

I'm a game streamer and It doesn't give a best experience when touch is not smooth when capture card is connected. Game starts to stutter when the capture card is connected but works very fine when I remove the HDMI capture card. Is there a fix or Should I move on for other gaming phones? Disappointed.

ROG PHONE 2 touch is not smooth and stutters when connected to a game capture card.
Go for any other phone. I got this device solely for streaming purpose. Whenever I play any high-end game there are frame drops and when I turn ON recording frames go to 20 - 30 fps, my dream to become a streamer is shattered as I cannot purchase a new phone anytime soon. Very Disappointed, so much for "gaming phone".

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@Dank Gaming Which display refresh rate setting are you using when gaming without the capture card connected? Also, which capture card are we talking about?

Dank_Vint
Star I
Refresh rate is greyed out and automatically set to 60Hz when connected to capture card. I use Elgato and Oxlaw 3.0. Even my friend has Rog phone 2 and has same issue with his device too. Kindly provide a solution for this. I love this phone but this restriction is sick and the phone is useless for streamers.

Volodesi
Rising Star II
The refresh rate of the phone being lowered to 60Hz is unavoidable unless you buy a newer capture card that supports capturing/pass through of higher refresh rates.

I can use the Asus Mobile Dock or a 3rd party Nintendo Switch dock and mine captures games without any performance issues. I feel like you might have some other underlying issues going on.

I am using a Aver Media GC550 capture card.