This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 2 Screen Burn In - Clarification Required.

aabs22
Star III
AT7XVYR7C6CD.jpg
Hi All,
So I have been using the ROG Phone 2 for a while now and started noticing the Screen Burn-In which is disappointing.
I know this issue is common among AMOLED displays but this is the first phone that I actually noticed this issue, Have been using Oneplus and Samsung Note series of phones before with AMOLED displays. I was hoping for a phone that is desgined specifically for long hours Gaming sessions should have been worked on somehow to mitigate or minimize this. 😞
Anyway, was just hoping if this will be covered under warranty or am I going to be stuck with this FOREVER.

Thanks in advance!
11 REPLIES 11

sagarreddysag
Rising Star II
LOL it's so sad , i think u will press fingers hard towerds screen which inturn causes burns inside screen . SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME 2 YRS AGO WITH REDMI NOTE 4 WHICH HAD GOT A BIG REDDISH TINT. then i reduced pressure after purchasing ONE plus 6t and played in that day and night without too high pressure to screen and it's still excellent and safe till now.
Try reducing pressure , it might help u in future.

aabs22
Star III

sagarreddysag

LOL it's so sad , i think u will press fingers hard towerds screen which inturn causes burns inside screen . SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME 2 YRS AGO WITH REDMI NOTE 4 WHICH HAD GOT A BIG REDDISH TINT. then i reduced pressure after purchasing ONE plus 6t and played in that day and night without too high pressure to screen and it's still excellent and safe till now.

Try reducing pressure , it might help u in future.

View post
I dont thing it happens due to pressure, see the image attached, it happens mostly in AMOLED screens when a same image is being rendered in the Screen for a long time, like the on screen buttons and HUDs of PUBG Mobile, I too use to have a Redmi Note 4 but it didnt have a AMOLED so your issue of reddish tint in Screen due to applying pressure may be a different case.

tajindergill_00
Star II
Hi i want to know. service center dint repair it for free because i had samsung s8 and had screen burn but they changed my screen in warrenty what happened in your case?? please explain thanks in advance

aabs22
Star III

tajindergill.007

Hi i want to know. service center dint repair it for free because i had samsung s8 and had screen burn but they changed my screen in warrenty what happened in your case?? please explain thanks in advance

View post
REPLACEMENT? well that's disappointing. I dont know what is gonna happen with me I wanted to check the forums before walking into a Service Center. If Samsung does it under warranty would Asus do the same or something better? Even if they change the screen the issue is gonna comeback again after long gaming sessions. BUMMER! 😞