likmus01
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog Phone 2
Firmware Version: A10 (17.0240.2103.75)
Rooted or not: not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi,
Since the last update of android on 03/25 my phone encouter a massive battery drain even in stand-by mode I loose 10% of capacity per hour.
The phone is always warm even when it's not used.
I checked in the battery menu and it indicates that Android system is using 60% of the battery when the screen uses only 14% for 4 hours of use.
I made a factory reset but unfortunately it didn't solve anything...
The problem clearly comes from the update and Android system.
Before this update my phone was working fine, the battery lasted 4/5 days and no overheating.
What should I do to return my phone functionnal?

1 REPLY 1

ronald1985
Community Legend I
likmus01

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Rog Phone 2
  2. Firmware Version: A10 (17.0240.2103.75)
  3. Rooted or not: not rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: always
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Hi,

Since the last update of android on 03/25 my phone encouter a massive battery drain even in stand-by mode I loose 10% of capacity per hour.

The phone is always warm even when it's not used.

I checked in the battery menu and it indicates that Android system is using 60% of the battery when the screen uses only 14% for 4 hours of use.

I made a factory reset but unfortunately it didn't solve anything...

The problem clearly comes from the update and Android system.

Before this update my phone was working fine, the battery lasted 4/5 days and no overheating.

What should I do to return my phone functionnal?

Rog Phone 2 Overheating and massive battery drain
When you factory reset, did you have Facebook or Instagram installed? These 2 apps are definately battery hoggers and the best thing to do around this is to stop both of these apps from using locations then and then.
The other thing is uninstalling Google, Google Play Services, Google Play Store updates. Simply go to apps and search for these apps. Top right there is 3 dots, press on uninstall updates where applicable.
If all else doesnt work, I would start using adb to see what your device is actually doing in the background.