This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog phone 2 Android 11 update

死神
Star II
So A11 is out on Chinese site but not on English one yet. However after using it for a day i face some problems. Im not complaining here, just wanna share my experience and maybe find a solution or two.

First, quick settings tiles are kinda laggy. Like fps toggle tile sometimes doesn't response and including some other tiles, they need more than a tap to toggle. Few tiles work a few seconds later. Then the animation. While locking the screen theres no animation.

The phn froze few times but then unfroze few seconds later, probably optimization issues and i hope devs will fix that soon.

Battery life seems fine but i cant tell much just after a day. Also im happy to see the new feature, charging limit.

The auto brightness thing might seem okay but i liked how the old one works. Yes the are more responsive but for me, a bit too responsive. Also i think they dont adopt to users taste like before.

On A11, its possible to mute separate apps from volume panel but not possible to adjust volume for separate apps. I dont actually know if thats available on stock A11 but i saw that somewhere and i hope we get that too.

As for preference im not sure if its better or worse i mean it feels the same as before. But i think there has to be some difference and i would like to know.

The haptics are not quite there like before or so i think.

Now, i had a problem and i hope i was the only one to face that. After updating i was shown file manager not responding and guess what, my image audio video no files were detected by the gallery nor file manager. But they were there. I ended up factory resetting and then things got normal.

Really hoping that the devs make this A11 perfect before ditching ROG phone 2.
30 REPLIES 30

Shivam_Dahiya
Zen Master I
Any idea about when are we gonna get the update . Im pretty excited

Roystoys
Zen Master III
ZT-f84b1afe

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/195905#Comment_195905

For major version upgrades, I always update then factory reset.

But your idea is not bad...factory reset then update might be even better. Clean OS before updating so there is less chance of an app fracking it up.

Next time, I might factory reset, don't set up any accounts, upgrade Android, factory reset again after the upgrade then finally set everything up.

If you are on WW, you could probably just download the whole firmware from Asus' website and upgrade. Even though the firmware is marked for TW, I see a few people outside of Taiwan on XDA have done it. I am not sure why they mark it as "TW-Only"...could be carrier issue so you might need to consider that.

View post
I have done it but it was a mistake. I had various problems so I went back to 10 and waited for the A 11 push

bhargavkumar_la
Star III
Roystoys

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/195952#Comment_195952

I have done it but it was a mistake. I had various problems so I went back to 10 and waited for the A 11 push

View post
You got A11 update via fota? Or did manually?
Did you first do factory reset and then upgraded?

死神
Star II
bhargavkumar.labishetty

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/196339#Comment_196339

You got A11 update via fota? Or did manually?

Did you first do factory reset and then upgraded?

View post
I downloaded the update from XDA

hareshsakpal96
Star II
Not getting Android 11 and my Rog 2 phone