This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 2 (12/512) Freezes and Auto Restart Problem

Jerel
Star I
Help... ..,my phone suddenly freezes from time to time especially while playing. (less than 2 hours of playing)
Back, home and recent buttons doesn't work and then auto restarts after 1 min of hung time.
Settings are mostly default (60 hz refresh rate, X-mode off, system lighting off) but still builds up heat fast even after only 1 game of asphalt.
Thinking of going to Factory Reset the phone or try to actually ask the ROG concept store to replace the unit of the problem still exist.
113 REPLIES 113

koi
Star II
Updated to Android 10 just now from Asus Website, still it happens!
Previously on their beta update site for beta 9, it adresses the issue supposedly...

nightsilvance
Star III
I previously had something similar to this issue on my ROG2. The phone auto restarts every few hours, usually when Im not using it. But sometimes it happens when Im simply browsing whatsapp messages. This issue happened for over a period of about 2 to 3 weeks then one day when Im in a middle of a game it freezes completely. I tried a force reboot, and the system became very laggy after the reboot. Error messages like Asus Launcher stopped working and system UI stopped working started happening. A touchscreen command took more than 20s to be executed. I tried to reboot a few more times and the phone was totally dead. Not able to detect charger and unable to power on. Had to bring it to the service centre to get it fixed. When i got my unit repaired, they told me the motherboard was replaced.

koi

Add me to the list!!!!

Everytime i connect a charger, screen turns off... Will have to wait for few mins so i can turn it back on and have to remove the charger.

View post
Hey. How was it now? We have the same problem bro.

Monark
Zen Master I
God i can't believe it is also happening in ROG also.
Cause i am a 6z user who suffered this but after getting it to service center and after my motherboard got replaced it is good now for almost 6 months.

koi
Star II
arjayespino121

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/48304#Comment_48304

Hey. How was it now? We have the same problem bro.

View post
Tried almost everything. But still nothing happened, from custom flash, erase and wipe, update one by one whatever availble update ther is, still none. Same issue. When charger plugged in it shuts down. However i would not deduce it as hardware issue because whenever charge the phone in fastboot mode, or flash it through pc, it wont shutdown nor restart.. DAMN THIS BETA, biggest REGRET of my LIFE! and ASUS doesbt have a FIX!