This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 2 (12/512) Freezes and Auto Restart Problem

Jerel
Star I
Help... ..,my phone suddenly freezes from time to time especially while playing. (less than 2 hours of playing)
Back, home and recent buttons doesn't work and then auto restarts after 1 min of hung time.
Settings are mostly default (60 hz refresh rate, X-mode off, system lighting off) but still builds up heat fast even after only 1 game of asphalt.
Thinking of going to Factory Reset the phone or try to actually ask the ROG concept store to replace the unit of the problem still exist.
113 REPLIES 113

anubhav61
Star III
I am using the phone for 6 month now. No problem yet all but after 18 april update my phone suddenly turned off and on for 2 times.. Its very annoying I think this problem related with update bt not sure. Hope this fix automatically with nxt update. If not then I will go to service center. After lockdown

Abi1797
Star III
anirudh151

Hello

I was watching something on mxplayer when I noticed that the brightness was not reducing or increasing.. so came to the home screen and tried to change brightness but it didn't work there either.. after which I restarted and the brightness control started working..

I have captured the log with asus tool, if you want to examine it..

Thank you

Loss of brightness control
Happened for me also today,also phone reboot while playing game suddenly .Please look into it
@Anders_ASUS ,@CH_ASUS .

donyeoh
Star I
@Anders_ASUS please send to me too. My rog phone 2 started to restart itself since last week. Bought in Oct until then had no such issues.
Thanks.

Rakantoh
Star II
Hi. I have the problem that my zenfone 5Q (ZC600KL) shuts off randomly, 2 times per day approx, and at least for me, this happens since the last firmware update for my phone. Before this update, my phone was perfectly.
I already did two factory resets, with same results.
At least for me, is a software/firmware problem/bug, that asus must solve.
Anyway, some suggestion?

tyson_wahyu
Star I
It also happened to me, and I think it's getting more serious
First case happened approx. after a month usage, it suddenly restart when I played games. Ok I thought that was fine since after restart it shows no error
Second case happened approx.2 months after the first case. When I listened to the music it suddenly vibrate and turned black screen showing message "temperature is too hot, bla bla bla". Thats strange since my device is not hot and I was in my room with air conditioner on set to 22 degrees. I search online and found someone facing the same case and said that the temperature control on rog2 is too near with others component that may cause a false reading of the temperature. Well ok then
Third case just within this week, in the middle of gaming my phone vibrate and restart but not progressing, the screen stuck while displaying start up screen for about 10 minutes and become not responsive, cant force turn it off. After 10 minute it show "asus recovery mode, if this continuously happen your android data may be corrupt" and there are 2 option, try again or factory reset. I choose try again and fortunately it restart and everything work normal, at least until now.
I'm just afraid if this is really a motherboard issue and happen again in the future where the "try again" option is not working, does the warranty cover it?