Gaurav_ROGII
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus rog 2
Firmware Version: .49
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: happening from last 3 weeks
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================I
👇🏻I red one thread in which one user stated this
'm a custom kernel Developer for lg V30, pixel phone and XiaoMi device.
I've encounter some issue regarding random reboot for specific device and not all. I check your kernel it have some serious issue regarding defconfig file. And some coding that alot of typos that can cause kernel panic. Since I don't work for you guys so I hope your kernel team can have a look on it.

please Team asus have a look into this and stop saying visit to nearest service centre or try factory data reset for this issue to everyone😣

27 REPLIES 27

Dkz89
Star III
Let me elaborated more regarding the issue I give some example.
In lg v30 device there few model as well ex h933 canadian h930 US and few other similar to rog 2 we have I003D or DE or whatsoever. So when I make a custom kernel for it using stock_defconfig from lg v30 canadian source it will boot for US source but random reboot occure from time to time.
Is similar to this situation. Our Rog2 have tons of random reboot for some devices but not all is like 70-80% of the device most have problem.
But it can also be hardware defected for some device also example plug in charging and went black screen normally is hardware problem.

Not applicable
Dkz89

Let me elaborated more regarding the issue I give some example.

In lg v30 device there few model as well ex h933 canadian h930 US and few other similar to rog 2 we have I003D or DE or whatsoever. So when I make a custom kernel for it using stock_defconfig from lg v30 canadian source it will boot for US source but random reboot occure from time to time.

Is similar to this situation. Our Rog2 have tons of random reboot for some devices but not all is like 70-80% of the device most have problem.

But it can also be hardware defected for some device also example plug in charging and went black screen normally is hardware problem.

View post
Could be a hardware issue but doesn't explain why my service center guy are refusing to fix my phone? They always mention no hardware defect and in troubleshooting they write factory reset and give me my device at A9 everytime. At A9 my problem doesnt happen but at A10 my device rebooting. Its likely a software issue or my service center guys are super lazy. Either of them are disgusting and asus should be ashamed.

amansh1004
Rising Star I
@Akash Gupta they told me it was motherboard problem..and when i chck android version while returning from service center it was 2004.9 i think in end and now i updated it first to 2007.27 and then to .49 and now heat issue is there while charging..external part is getting heat up like .47 update i think which was on 24-25 sept. but crate is showing temp. 38-39

amansh1004
Rising Star I
screenshot-20201013-191900132.jpg
See cpu temp.

Not applicable
amansh1004

screenshot-20201013-191900132.jpg

See cpu temp.

View post
Hm, that is weird. Please make sure to get your device fully fixed before your warranty runs out because mine did run out today.