This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pubg Frame Drops

akhilj66
Rising Star II
Sometimes Pubg works fine even with many apps in background and x mode off but sometimes even when x mode is on and in smooth setting. There are massive frame drops. What's the point of buying a gaming phone if it lags. I think hardware is fine, but optimization of Asus sucks. Also YouTubers don't talk about this in their reviews, what the hell. Please Asus fix this in the next update and also the red tint. Don't make me regret buying this instead of One Plus 7t.
21 REPLIES 21

IRONHIDE
Rising Star II
akhilj66

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/47378#Comment_47378

Yes it does sometimes.

View post
im not quite sure how the guys on dev optimize the phone for games even with x mode it doesn't help that much. not even a guide here. about xmode and hardcore mode.. i mean did they really put the hardcore mode so we have to optimize for ourselves?. coz preset xmode is not helping in pubgm. and i saw other phones that can handle max settings with ease.

Aryan202
Community Legend I
akhilj66

Sometimes Pubg works fine even with many apps in background and x mode off but sometimes even when x mode is on and in smooth setting. There are massive frame drops. What's the point of buying a gaming phone if it lags. I think hardware is fine, but optimization of Asus sucks. Also YouTubers don't talk about this in their reviews, what the hell. Please Asus fix this in the next update and also the red tint. Don't make me regret buying this instead of One Plus 7t.

Pubg Frame Drops
Pubg issued an update for this
The issue was on their side
Are you on the latest version including the bug fix?
If it still isn't solved wait for A10 I guess
Secondly the fps drops and stutters of pubg is synonymous with all major devices (including the 7t, X2pro etc)
It's just that the game isn't optimised well on android

akhilj66
Rising Star II
Averan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/17368/pubg-frame-drops

Pubg issued an update for this

The issue was on their side

Are you on the latest version including the bug fix?

If it still isn't solved wait for A10 I guess

Secondly the fps drops and stutters of pubg is synonymous with all major devices (including the 7t, X2pro etc)

It's just that the game isn't optimised well on android

View post
After the last update I have deleted and reinstalled Pubg, now it works much better.

Aryan202
Community Legend I
akhilj66

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/47610#Comment_47610

After the last update I have deleted and reinstalled Pubg, now it works much better.

View post
Nice 🙂
Probably a game issue then

cktalukdar_1989
Star II
Anders_ASUS

Can you please say what map, where on the map, during what scenario and so on. We can't optimize if we don't know where you experience lag.

View post
It is the whole game, every map has similar situations, I play mostly Ruins TDM and Sanhok, I have recorded the video of ruins map and it is pathetic, I open the scope, start shooting, screen freezes and the guy disappears and it is not network lag for sure as I am running 100 mbps, in game ping is between 20-80 ms. Real time info shows 59-60 fps, still screen freezes.