Did you mean: 

Messenger chat head on twinview dock

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 2 Strix + twinview 3
Firmware Version: m3.23.44.9-yoda_001522
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I can't seem to use the facebook messenger's chat head feature in the twinview dock's screen.
3 REPLIES 3

ronald1985
Community Legend I
adam605adam605

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ROG 2 Strix + twinview 3
  2. Firmware Version: m3.23.44.9-yoda_001522
  3. Rooted or not: not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I can't seem to use the facebook messenger's chat head feature in the twinview dock's screen.

Messenger chat head on twinview dock
Just to confirm, you have a ROG 2 and TwinView 3?
When you say you can't use, do you get any indications of any error/warning messages?

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
This is indeed the case, and I don't believe you can change that behavior. I've asked one of our devs to clarify how the chat heads work with the dock.

ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/35510/messenger-chat-head-on-twinview-dock

Just to confirm, you have a ROG 2 and TwinView 3?

When you say you can't use, do you get any indications of any error/warning messages?

View post
Yes. All rog 3 accessories except the cooling fan are compatible with rog 2. No warning. Messenger just crashes when i force open chot heads in twindock. No prob with main screen tho. It just means im forced to open the messenger app itself on the twin screen or use chat head on main screen.

Gustav_ASUS

This is indeed the case, and I don't believe you can change that behavior. I've asked one of our devs to clarify how the chat heads work with the dock.

View post
I see. What i visioned doing was game only in main screen, youtube or other app while having chat heads on the other. But it's all good. I'll just have to use the chat head in the main screen or open messenger app itself on the other I guess. Thanks for the answer anyway. 😁