This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG PHONE 3 DISCUSSIONS

sagarreddysag
Rising Star II
u know guys i love having Asus rog 2 except for some draw backs here and there. This is the best phone out there at best price at my point of view. NOW AS 2020 HAS BEGUN LETS DISCUSS ABOUT HOW ROG PHONE 3 MIGHT BE :-
My expectations:-
1. It must contain latest Snapdragon 865 processor
2. Contains adreno 650 GPU
3. Must contain Dolby vision
4. Addition of Dolby audio would be better than dtsx
5. FLUID AMOLED IS BETTER THAN AMOLED.IT WOULD BE BETTER IF U ADD THIS.
6. I have Seen a majour improvement in camera from rog 1 to rog 2. But it's not enough compared to other flagships. PLS MAKE THE CAMERA OF ROG 3 BEST OF BEST . everyone will love it if it's cameras are improved.
7. This UI is better but in future we need more updates
8. It might contain 144hz display.
9. Give us more more finger print animations.
10. 8gb / 256 gb varient should be made available
11. Rog 2 looks are excellent don't make majour changes .
THATS IT FOR ME I GUSS . COMMENT BELOW WHAT FEATURES U GUYS LIKE ROG 3 TO HAVE.

62 REPLIES 62

OPC
Zen Master II
sagarreddysag

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/45417#Comment_45417

Lol idk anything about Dslr cameras as u day . I am not a pro photographer all I know is higher the MP more clearer images produced . All I do is take a photo randomly in any angle and store it .

As for the clarity Samsung has told something called " PIXEL BINNING" which converts 9 pixels into 1 or something .

Don't think 108 mp is waste it has its own advantages .

I may not be a photographer but MP matters while taking photos.

View post
A pixel is an area of the sensor which collects light on it's own. To transform that light into an image you need to let electrical currency pass through the pixel. That currency generates heat. Heat transforms into a digital noise. The more pixels cramped into a small area, higher the heat and therefore more noise, that is artifacts in the picture. Those artifacts are dealt with different algorithms. Most of them are smudging images. So you have faces where you cannot see wrinkles and all details. Everything looks nice but far from reality. What Samsung does it groups 9 pixels together and they act like one larger pixel. Divide 108 with nine and you get 12. The same Rog 2 does with grouping 4 pixels into one. So in reality there is not much of a difference as we talk about very small sensor area in the phone. The detail in the first place depends on the lack of artifacts in the picture and stabilization while taking a picture. Only secondary is the mpx count. 108 mpx is enough to make super sharp image large as a jumbo screen advertising by the public road. 16 mpx of my Nikon Df gives super sharp image on the A3 format. The reason is simple. 16mpx on the 35 mm large sensor means that pixels are larger. That means less heat produced by electricity, less artifacts and thus much more detail. Also it enables to shoot at 1/2500 sec of ever shorter exposure times. This means less shaking and thus sharper image. So don't expect miracles from 108 mpx in the phone.

OPC
Zen Master II
sagarreddysag

And I forgot to mention the night mode really sucks on this phone . If they are gonna release Rog 3 then they should work on improving night mode .

View post
I agree Asus could make some work on the algorithm to improve images, especially the night mode. There are other aspects to be improved, for example zooming in the video mode is in steps and not continuous. Which makes it useless. You can basically select one distance and shoot the whole video without zooming in or out. This can be improved because zoom is digital, not optical. Asus just needs to copy Filmic Pro. But from the hardware side everything is just fine. My post was referring to unrealistic expectations from high mpx count on the hardware side, not to the software side which can always be improved. But that I would like to see already in Rog 2 and not wait for Rog 3.

Android
Rising Star I
@CH_ASUS
Thank you for listening to feedback! The ROG Phone II is actually a near perfect device but with some flaws which I hope is addressed for the ROG Phone III.
As a North American consumer, I was disheartened to find out that the ROG Phone II does not support VoLTE for any of the carriers in the United States and is missing some bands such as Band 71 for T-Mobile. With the upcoming merger between T-Mobile and Sprint, it is said that network speeds and coverage would vastly improve and it would be great if the ROG Phone III can fully support the carrier's new and improved network.
My wishlist for the ROG Phone III is a very simple one:
Retain important features from the ROG Phone II such as the headphone jack, dual front facing stereo speakers, and ARCore.
5G, VoLTE, and more band support for North American carriers, particularly the new T-Mobile+Sprint networks.
Even more partnerships with game developers and other companies to fully take advantage of the ROG Phone's capabilities. (Nintendo would be awesome)
The matte finish from the ROG Phone II Ultimate Edition and improved cooling solutions which the ROG brand is known for.
A 16:9 display aspect ratio with a good battery size (as a power user, I honestly don't care about how slim it is and 16:9 is still the perfect viewing experience).
The first two are the most important to me. Don't let the headphone jack die please. As a gamer and audiophile, I really appreciate this feature on a phone.

OPC
Zen Master II
Jandroid

@CH_ASUS

Thank you for listening to feedback! The ROG Phone II is actually a near perfect device but with some flaws which I hope is addressed for the ROG Phone III.

As a North American consumer, I was disheartened to find out that the ROG Phone II does not support VoLTE for any of the carriers in the United States and is missing some bands such as Band 71 for T-Mobile. With the upcoming merger between T-Mobile and Sprint, it is said that network speeds and coverage would vastly improve and it would be great if the ROG Phone III can fully support the carrier's new and improved network.

My wishlist for the ROG Phone III is a very simple one:

1. Retain important features from the ROG Phone II such as the headphone jack, dual front facing stereo speakers, and ARCore.
  2. 5G, VoLTE, and more band support for North American carriers, particularly the new T-Mobile+Sprint networks.
  3. Even more partnerships with game developers and other companies to fully take advantage of the ROG Phone's capabilities. (Nintendo would be awesome)
  4. The matte finish from the ROG Phone II Ultimate Edition and improved cooling solutions which the ROG brand is known for.
  5. A 16:9 display aspect ratio with a good battery size (as a power user, I honestly don't care about how slim it is and 16:9 is still the perfect viewing experience).

The first two are the most important to me. Don't let the headphone jack die please. As a gamer and audiophile, I really appreciate this feature on a phone.

View post
I would just add that 1 and 2 are also important worldwide.

Android
Rising Star I

OPC

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/45610#Comment_45610

I would just add that 1 and 2 are also important worldwide.

View post
Number 1 is a personal preference of mine but number 2 is generally important for any phone to have lol. Doesn't matter where in the world you're from, band support is a basic phone functionality that should be supported if the device is being sold in the area.