This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG PHONE 3 DISCUSSIONS

sagarreddysag
Rising Star II
u know guys i love having Asus rog 2 except for some draw backs here and there. This is the best phone out there at best price at my point of view. NOW AS 2020 HAS BEGUN LETS DISCUSS ABOUT HOW ROG PHONE 3 MIGHT BE :-
My expectations:-
1. It must contain latest Snapdragon 865 processor
2. Contains adreno 650 GPU
3. Must contain Dolby vision
4. Addition of Dolby audio would be better than dtsx
5. FLUID AMOLED IS BETTER THAN AMOLED.IT WOULD BE BETTER IF U ADD THIS.
6. I have Seen a majour improvement in camera from rog 1 to rog 2. But it's not enough compared to other flagships. PLS MAKE THE CAMERA OF ROG 3 BEST OF BEST . everyone will love it if it's cameras are improved.
7. This UI is better but in future we need more updates
8. It might contain 144hz display.
9. Give us more more finger print animations.
10. 8gb / 256 gb varient should be made available
11. Rog 2 looks are excellent don't make majour changes .
THATS IT FOR ME I GUSS . COMMENT BELOW WHAT FEATURES U GUYS LIKE ROG 3 TO HAVE.

62 REPLIES 62

Renz
Star I
Hi ASUS TEAM,
Kindly confirm the specs stated on this website. Are these in anyway legit info?? Thank you
------------------
ASUS ROG Phone 3 Specifications, Features-
The device is rumored to equip a 6.59-inches AMOLED display with a resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels. The screen will be protected by a Corning Gorilla Glass v6 with a pixel density of 391 ppi. With an Adreno 640 graphics, the device is expected to be twice what we could experience with an ASUS ROG Phone 2.
Though the camera setup is the least one would bother about in a gaming device, the ROG Phone 3 is rumored to equip a massive triple camera setup where 48MP would be the primary sensor, 13MP for wide-angle and 8MP as the depth sensor. The front camera would be a 24MP selfie shooter and the camera quality is expected to be outstanding, just like what we got to see in the other two versions.
And to the most awaited part, the device will be run by a 6100mAH battery, absolutely what we could expect when ASUS comes up with a new gaming device! ROG Phone 3 would be powered by a Snapdragon 865 and the device reveals only one variant as of now- 8GB RAM with 256GB ROM.
----------
Source: Digistatement.com
Rumored to be released: March 12, 2020

sagarreddysag
Rising Star II
Renz

Hi ASUS TEAM,

Kindly confirm the specs stated on this website. Are these in anyway legit info?? Thank you

------------------

ASUS ROG Phone 3 Specifications, Features-

The device is rumored to equip a 6.59-inches AMOLED display with a resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels. The screen will be protected by a Corning Gorilla Glass v6 with a pixel density of 391 ppi. With an Adreno 640 graphics, the device is expected to be twice what we could experience with an ASUS ROG Phone 2.

Though the camera setup is the least one would bother about in a gaming device, the ROG Phone 3 is rumored to equip a massive triple camera setup where 48MP would be the primary sensor, 13MP for wide-angle and 8MP as the depth sensor. The front camera would be a 24MP selfie shooter and the camera quality is expected to be outstanding, just like what we got to see in the other two versions.

And to the most awaited part, the device will be run by a 6100mAH battery, absolutely what we could expect when ASUS comes up with a new gaming device! ROG Phone 3 would be powered by a Snapdragon 865 and the device reveals only one variant as of now- 8GB RAM with 256GB ROM.

----------

Source: Digistatement.com

Rumored to be released: March 12, 2020

View post
For ur information Snapdragon 865 is powered by Adreno 650 GPU which is more powerful than 640 which is present in Rog 2 .
And for the camera department there may be 64 or even may be 108 (if we are lucky) like mi 10 , samsung S20s but 48 MP will be outday in 2020 for flag ship phones.
As for display there may be a quad HD+ amoled based on varients .
May also have wireless charging .
But this is just my hunch don't expect any of this until official confirmation

OPC
Zen Master II
Don't fall for this 108 mpx thing. If that would be real 108 mpx, every photo would have over 500 MB in size. That many real pixels cramped into that small surface area would create so much digital noise that the photo would be a disaster. It's not by accident that high mpx cameras have large format sensor and cost like an apartment. The only 35mm sensor camera that has such high mpx count and similar (but not quite) image quality is Nikon D850 and now the mirrorless Z7. Canon and Sony are not quite there yet. And to make sharp in focus pictures with those cameras it takes practice. Every deficiency in technique shows in the picture. A person not passionate with photography would make much better photos with basic DSLR camera. Not to mention that you also need the lense which can actually resolve that resolution. It takes several years to grow crystals that perfect in structure to be able to resolve it. And these kind of lenses have at least 77mm diameter of the front lens. That's why those lenses cost again a nice amount of money. So to have real high mpx photography be prepared to spend 30-50-100.000 dollars or more. Only the sky is the limit. For "real" photography I use Nikon Df for portraits, street photography with 35mm prime lens, and landscapes (16 mpx and incredible image quality up to A3 format). Nikon D500 (21 mpx) for birds in flight, sports and video (with manual focus 35mm cinematic lens). With those 2 cameras I use a collection of Nikon fixed aperture prime lenses from 12 to 300mm mostly 1.4 aperture, and 24-70 2.8G, 70-200 2.8E, 300-500 5.6-6.5E lenses. My absolute favourite is Nikon 135mm f2.0D lens with manual defocus control. That's my life long passion and years of sacrifice to collect this gear. So for the price of the phone and technical limitations, Rog 2 pictures are absolutely fine and you would not get much better in other phones. It's much better to pay attention to ourselves and see what we can improve to make better pictures with what we have, than to expect phone producers to give us magic cameras with hundreds of mpx that would make perfect pictures night and day and we would just need to touch the shutter icon. It doesn't work that way.

sagarreddysag
Rising Star II
OPC

Don't fall for this 108 mpx thing. If that would be real 108 mpx, every photo would have over 500 MB in size. That many real pixels cramped into that small surface area would create so much digital noise that the photo would be a disaster. It's not by accident that high mpx cameras have large format sensor and cost like an apartment. The only 35mm sensor camera that has such high mpx count and similar (but not quite) image quality is Nikon D850 and now the mirrorless Z7. Canon and Sony are not quite there yet. And to make sharp in focus pictures with those cameras it takes practice. Every deficiency in technique shows in the picture. A person not passionate with photography would make much better photos with basic DSLR camera. Not to mention that you also need the lense which can actually resolve that resolution. It takes several years to grow crystals that perfect in structure to be able to resolve it. And these kind of lenses have at least 77mm diameter of the front lens. That's why those lenses cost again a nice amount of money. So to have real high mpx photography be prepared to spend 30-50-100.000 dollars or more. Only the sky is the limit. For "real" photography I use Nikon Df for portraits, street photography with 35mm prime lens, and landscapes (16 mpx and incredible image quality up to A3 format). Nikon D500 (21 mpx) for birds in flight, sports and video (with manual focus 35mm cinematic lens). With those 2 cameras I use a collection of Nikon fixed aperture prime lenses from 12 to 300mm mostly 1.4 aperture, and 24-70 2.8G, 70-200 2.8E, 300-500 5.6-6.5E lenses. My absolute favourite is Nikon 135mm f2.0D lens with manual defocus control. That's my life long passion and years of sacrifice to collect this gear. So for the price of the phone and technical limitations, Rog 2 pictures are absolutely fine and you would not get much better in other phones. It's much better to pay attention to ourselves and see what we can improve to make better pictures with what we have, than to expect phone producers to give us magic cameras with hundreds of mpx that would make perfect pictures night and day and we would just need to touch the shutter icon. It doesn't work that way.

View post
Lol idk anything about Dslr cameras as u day . I am not a pro photographer all I know is higher the MP more clearer images produced . All I do is take a photo randomly in any angle and store it .
As for the clarity Samsung has told something called " PIXEL BINNING" which converts 9 pixels into 1 or something .
Don't think 108 mp is waste it has its own advantages .
I may not be a photographer but MP matters while taking photos.

sagarreddysag
Rising Star II
And I forgot to mention the night mode really sucks on this phone . If they are gonna release Rog 3 then they should work on improving night mode .