This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A10 AFTER FACTORY RESET

OPC
Zen Master II
As most of the guys here I have downloaded and installed the A10 upgrade from Asus website, using the link provided by admins here. I was hesitating at first, but after waiting in vain for couple of days for FOTA I decided to make the jump.
The major reason why I did it was the security patch which has not been released for A9 since October last year. As I got burned and hacked with Samsung 3 times, I felt very uncomfortable not receiving the patch for such a long time. So I decided to update manually the A10.
After the installation everything was messed up, from volume buttons crashing apps, non responsive icons, non responsive volume and power physical buttons, drop in frame rate, notifications not coming at all from most of the apps, screen flickering/jittering when opening an app, tab or window, system bugs, 4G issues etc. Basically my phone was all messed up. Reinstalling some apps didn't help. I didn't experience temperature increase, decreased battery life or similar like some users here.
Clearing all apps cache several times helped to some extent, resetting all apps as well, but not completely. Notifications were still missing etc. But I started to appreciate advantages of the system with apps that worked: more responsive apps, gestures that I finally can use, much better night mode in camera (although admins said that would not change but somehow it did) So I decided to go for a factory reset.
Now that it's done, I finally have everything right. The A10 is more responsive and "decisive" in action, my notifications now work as they should etc. It's a worthy and noticeable upgrade.
Bugs that are still left are:
flickering/jittering of the screen when opening something,
Google Chrome as I write this froze 4 times so far (swyping up to show all apps and selecting Chrome makes it work again). I will have to clear cache to check again.
Asphalt 9 was jittering and loosing frame rate until I cleared cache (the only app that I cleared cache so far). Now it's fine. I will have to play long this evening to check temperature and battery life.
System update still searches for new update indefinitely. That is until the app is killed. It will not report there are no new updates. I hope I will not have to install updates manually for the rest of the phone's life!
And that's it! I would say that factory reset after manual update is mandatory. That is not good as during the process there is always something lost. And it consumed a major part of this day to copy files to my Mac, reinstall everything, arrange icons, give permissions etc. The update should run smooth.
Also I strongly believe that security update should be provided for A9 as well! Normally I would stay on A9 for at least another 2-3 months until everything is polished up. This is what I do on my Mac's, as well as I did on iPhones while I was using them. Never rushed into the new system. Transition would be much more trouble free and much less time consuming. But having no security patch since October is very disturbing.
9 REPLIES 9

jyun88
Rising Star II
From all these bug,i think I'll pass this time of update. I'm still enjoying A9 battery life and 90hz very well.

kkithoe47
Star III
OPC

As most of the guys here I have downloaded and installed the A10 upgrade from Asus website, using the link provided by admins here. I was hesitating at first, but after waiting in vain for couple of days for FOTA I decided to make the jump.

The major reason why I did it was the security patch which has not been released for A9 since October last year. As I got burned and hacked with Samsung 3 times, I felt very uncomfortable not receiving the patch for such a long time. So I decided to update manually the A10.

After the installation everything was messed up, from volume buttons crashing apps, non responsive icons, non responsive volume and power physical buttons, drop in frame rate, notifications not coming at all from most of the apps, screen flickering/jittering when opening an app, tab or window, system bugs, 4G issues etc. Basically my phone was all messed up. Reinstalling some apps didn't help. I didn't experience temperature increase, decreased battery life or similar like some users here.

Clearing all apps cache several times helped to some extent, resetting all apps as well, but not completely. Notifications were still missing etc. But I started to appreciate advantages of the system with apps that worked: more responsive apps, gestures that I finally can use, much better night mode in camera (although admins said that would not change but somehow it did) So I decided to go for a factory reset.

Now that it's done, I finally have everything right. The A10 is more responsive and "decisive" in action, my notifications now work as they should etc. It's a worthy and noticeable upgrade.

Bugs that are still left are:

flickering/jittering of the screen when opening something,

Google Chrome as I write this froze 4 times so far (swyping up to show all apps and selecting Chrome makes it work again). I will have to clear cache to check again.

Asphalt 9 was jittering and loosing frame rate until I cleared cache (the only app that I cleared cache so far). Now it's fine. I will have to play long this evening to check temperature and battery life.

System update still searches for new update indefinitely. That is until the app is killed. It will not report there are no new updates. I hope I will not have to install updates manually for the rest of the phone's life!

And that's it! I would say that factory reset after manual update is mandatory. That is not good as during the process there is always something lost. And it consumed a major part of this day to copy files to my Mac, reinstall everything, arrange icons, give permissions etc. The update should run smooth.

Also I strongly believe that security update should be provided for A9 as well! Normally I would stay on A9 for at least another 2-3 months until everything is polished up. This is what I do on my Mac's, as well as I did on iPhones while I was using them. Never rushed into the new system. Transition would be much more trouble free and much less time consuming. But having no security patch since October is very disturbing.

A10 AFTER FACTORY RESET
Nice find. I'm planning to factory reset my phone when FOTA arrives. I guess those that do plan to update manually can try a factory reset first and then update to A10.

KraKen
Rising Star II
kkithoe47

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/17836/a10-after-factory-reset

Nice find. I'm planning to factory reset my phone when FOTA arrives. I guess those that do plan to update manually can try a factory reset first and then update to A10.

View post
No, try to factory reset after updating to A10
It has solved many of bugs

gsanchez
Rising Star II
I don't know if I'm blessed because I installed the update manually and I had no bugs after. I feel my system faster, my battery usage is like it was in A9 (normally 48 hours).

To be the other side of the coin, I'll list some things that were improved in A10 (IMHO):
-UI in general (better icons and improvements here and there - padlock in lockscreen was one of them);
-Bluetooth more stable (I have a smart fit - Samsung Galaxy Fit e. Everytime I rebooted my phone or put in airplane mode I had to enter Samsung Wearable and manually connect the fit, which no longer occurs in A10);
-Opening and switchin apps is smoother and faster - again, IMHO;
-Dark theme in system level - my eyes thanks this a lot!;
-It's a kind of obvious but... Newer security patch...;

OPC
Zen Master II
gsanchez

I don't know if I'm blessed because I installed the update manually and I had no bugs after. I feel my system faster, my battery usage is like it was in A9 (normally 48 hours).

To be the other side of the coin, I'll list some things that were improved in A10 (IMHO):

-UI in general (better icons and improvements here and there - padlock in lockscreen was one of them);

-Bluetooth more stable (I have a smart fit - Samsung Galaxy Fit e. Everytime I rebooted my phone or put in airplane mode I had to enter Samsung Wearable and manually connect the fit, which no longer occurs in A10);

-Opening and switchin apps is smoother and faster - again, IMHO;

-Dark theme in system level - my eyes thanks this a lot!;

-It's a kind of obvious but... Newer security patch...;

View post
I agree to all of this. Just sorry that it didn't work at once.