This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snapdragon Sound/Hi-res bluetooth audio completely ruined with Audio Wizard/Dirac

reebokable1
Star II

I just recently sold the Red Magic 8 Pro because of the buggy OS and got the ROG 7 thinking I would get the same impressive, crystal clear sound from my Fiio UTWS5/Shuoer S12 combo but then found out this stupid Dirac software is a mess and there is no way to turn it off. Even at dynamic/music all flat frequencies the sound is still colored with a very strong V-shape sound that creates distortion that Ive never heard before from the S12.

I see a lot of people with the same issue on this forum but still no update? For the love of GOD please fix this ASUS

7 REPLIES 7

Any follow up from the team?

Hello? So Asus gonna keep ignoring this long-running issue about this dreadful Dirac software? Are we gonna come to the conclusion that nothings wrong because you, a moderator personally use this phone to listen to music and its all good? Is that how it works at Asus?

It's funny how you can't even root this phone anymore so you can't disable audio modifications with a magisk module. I got the rog 7 for pretty much the same reason and i'm insanely fed up with asus. I will probably go back to my old xiaomi phone with v4a, custom rom and an apple dongle for daily driving except gaming lmao. Oh also, since i mentioned that you can't root the phone anymore, it enrages me even more than the average joe as i wanted to port lineageos to this phone but the bootloader is not even unlockable. Last thing, probably a bit off topic but is for asus, why the heck are the kernel sources 7gb?? What kind of gaming features you put there to extend the size to 7gb? The rog 5 sources, as with literally any other android phone, are only 200mb lol