This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog phone 7 Android 14 problem

SKYDEV
Star I

Hi i want to complain about performance drop after update android 14 ( 34.1010.0820.60 )

I notice the Processor mhz lock at 2016 Mhz, but Snapdragon 8 gen 2 can run at 3000 Mhz+ right?

Now i let's talk about fps in game, i Will show you how different the fps are:

•Pubg mobile (Smooth-90 fps setting) it only get around 80 - 57 in TDM mode, and 90 -60 in battle royale (Erangel map)

•Mobile legends (Ultra - ultra setting) in this game it supports 120 fps, but the system lock to 60 fps only  

• Modern warship (ultra - 144 fps setting) the fps drop is like crazy 130 - 31 fps in battle and Explorer the map

•Genshin impact (Highest 60 fps setting) the fps its still drop like 60 - 40 while Explore, and 30 - 20 while Battle this is very Disappointed, the Snapdragon 8 gen 2 can run at 60 - 57 fps

•The Battery drain quickly even if i only scrolling tik tok and Instagram, and it even got worse when gaming, the battery only get around 4-3 hours 

Pls Asus Dev can you fix this, this is the first time IM buyyin rog phone but i get this bad experience 

14 REPLIES 14

I feel your pain. It's really really bad!

RedRice
Star I

I can relate to that feeling!

Regarding personal phone usage: I have digital OCD. I reserve this phone solely for gaming, avoiding storing numerous photos/videos, regularly cleaning Memory/Cache/RAM every hour, and consistently closing apps after use.

I also own a Phone ROG 7 and was contemplating purchasing an 8 Pro, but after this update, I now have significant concerns about the software's reliability.

The Screen Recorder is exhibiting a decrease in refresh rate, resulting in a jittery display.
Gaming performance has severely deteriorated. It's not just frame drops, but more akin to a stop-motion video.

Games affected include Call of Duty: Mobile, GTA San Andreas, and GTA Vice City.
The Air Triggers are malfunctioning. They fail to recognize a press-and-hold action, releasing after a second even when the finger is still on the trigger.

Screen Touch Sensitivity feels a bit off too. I play with fingers and sleeves, and sometimes contact on screen is unresponsive.

The Capture Card input has been restricted to 60Hz, preventing it from reaching 120Hz, which I always use with my capture card for live streaming.

Attempting to record the screen while gaming is futile.

Charging, gaming, and watching videos cause the phone to overheat.

Please address and resolve these issues.

Carmine10
Star II

I have the same problem in Call of duty mobile. Unable to play in all graphics. Asus stop making phones if you can't maintain them over time. Bad updates, useless, only good for destroying devices. Concentrate on keeping your phones stable and not on the lights just to attract people, we are not at the luma park! €1400 wasted for a Rog Phone 7 Ultimate. Don't update your rogs and don't buy anymore.

Carmine10
Star II

same as me too. there is no way to go back to android 13. the only solution is to send it to technical assistance. 😞

Carmine10
Star II

same as me too. there is no way to go back to android 13. the only solution is to send it to technical assistance. 😞