This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about rog phone 7

kalbairav
Star I

Does the US variant of the rog phone 7 work with Verizon now that Verizon doesn't use CDMA anymore and just uses gsm for 5g and lte for 4g?

2 REPLIES 2

Mattias_ASUS

Hi!

It does work with Verizon on 4G/5G but it does not support VoLTE

Seems the answer is more complicated than that. I am currently trying to run my phone in dual SIM with Mint (T-Mobile) as primary and Verizon as secondary. The Verizon SIM only works if I set the "Data service network" option to Verizon. If it is set to T-Mobile, I lose all service on the Verizon SIM. I am attempting to figure out this issue with support, but so far I've only gotten a response that the phone doesn't support CDMA networks even though Verizon fully decommissioned CDMA on January 3rd, 2023. So if it's your only SIM, you may be okay, but if you plan on using dual SIM, it likely will only work if you have Verizon as a primary, but don't expect any support if you run into issues.

"Thank you for your patience and patronage! According to the ASUS Store page, the ROG Phone 7 is not compatible with Verizon networks, so unfortunately, we do not have any solution for this issue.

https://shop.asus.com/us/rog/rog-phone-7.html "*Compatible with GSM Networks including AT&T, T-Mobile and MVNOs (Mobile Virtual Network Operators) who utilize AT&T and T Mobile networks. This device is not compatible with CDMA Networks such as: Verizon and US Cellular""