This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just bought the ROG Phone 7 vanilla, encountered a bug/problem. Help?!

Thatguy
Star I

Hi guys, I'm new here. I just received my Rog Phone 7, completed the update marathon and now been using it for two days now and I just discovered that when I plug in my headsets (Sony MDR-XB75AP and MDR-EX650AP) and using WhatsApp then make a video call, the call sound came out from my speakerphone, but if I try to make a voice call it'll came out just fine inside my headsets, but the light sensors still active so it turned off the screen whenever my fingers are on top of it, so I could not make a call while I'm gaming or browsing. I've tried to check my settings and my WhatsApp settings but seems like there's none to set up where the audio output supposed to come from, while in my OG ROG Phone and ROG Phone 5s that didn't happen at all. Please help?

Oh for a record, my WhatsApp account is still open on both ROG Phone 5s and 7 sharing the same account, and also the WhatsApp was installed after the Clone Phone app in Asus (transferring my data from my 5s to 7, then I uninstall then reinstall again due to the problem, and they're still existing. I wonder if my profile being shared between phones is affecting this. Thanks guys ya'll the best!

5 REPLIES 5

That sounds very odd, I wonder if you could help me by creating a log recreating the issue, that way we can have our devs looking into what is causing the issue, I'm writing the steps down below and feel free to send me a PM when it's done so I can send the log as soon as possible.

Please follow the below steps to enable the built-in log tool (Bug reporter).
1.  Open “Calculator APP”
2.  Enter “.19595+=”
3.  Select the Log type according to the type of issue you want to capture. “General cases” will work for most issues.
4.  After your selection the log tool will exit so you can duplicate the issue or wait for it to happen. Try to use the screen recorder to show your issue when possible. If you can't screen record your issue, then please take a screenshot right after the issue has occurred (as a timestamp) so we know where to look in the log.
5.  Navigate back to the log tool via calculator and Tap "FINISH AND SHARE".
6. It takes several minutes for the log to generate. You can exit and do other stuff in the meantime. A silent notification will tell you once the process is done. Tap the notification and then the share button to upload the file to Google Drive and share the link with a moderator. Just make sure to change the permission first so that everyone with the link has permission to view it.
Note: When you're no longer planning on logging your device, enter “.09595+=” in the calculator and the log tool will stop as well as deleting all stored log files. Make sure to share via calculator. The files found in internal storage -> asus_log are not the correct files (they are only 1.2kb)