This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 7 Impressions

lithichok
Star I

I got the non-ultimate variant 3 weeks ago (was lucky to get the white one). Just wanted to share some impressions and tips.

Generally I'm very pleased with the phone. Battery life is incredible, display is crisp, audio slaps and gaming performance is smooth.

A few cons and tips:

• The phone is slippery, even with the free case. Get a rubber case for extra protection

• The side buttons are too easy to press by mistake. I inadvertently wake my phone all the time unless I use a rubber case that covers them.

• Gaming on high FPS settings and increasing the refresh rate could still get the phone hot and drain the battery. If you don't care about maximum performance like I do, I hard-set to 90hz for casual use and always use Ultra Durable mode when gaming (60hz cap). I can comfortably play Honkai Star Rail on high settings with the temp stabilizing at 36-38c.

2 REPLIES 2

MarkWood21
Star II

A rubber case for grip sounds smart. Adjusting settings for gaming comfort is key. Appreciate the tips!

Mattias_ASUS

I can personally recommend the ROG Phone 7 DEVILCASE Guardian Standard, super grippy and comfortable to hold.