Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to turn off update notification ?

snowdance
Rising Star II

Screenshot_20240610-124415_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20240610-124428_Settings.jpg

  

Screenshot_20240610-124621_System_update.jpg

i don't want to accidentally click that and turn this phone into nightmare again.

@Mattias_ASUS 

12 REPLIES 12

KKdesu
Star III

Force stop it, as long as you don't restart the phone it shouldn't appear again.

no i need to turn it of indefinitely, cause i turned off my phone every night. in my old case when using samsung or apple device, if the auto update turned off, it never gave me any notification.

also @Mattias_ASUS are your job as moderator is volunteer ? this thread was 3 days old and you gone missing for a while now.

KKdesu
Star III

As far as I'm aware, there is no way to turn it off indefinitely given it's a system app which is more or less "dummyproofed".

Your only option is to "remove" it from your system apps list via debug, but that's likely to cause a bunch of other issues so I strongly don't recommend it.

Mattias_ASUS

Sorry for the late reply, I have not been here for the last days as I have been sick.

But for that case I would recommend turning off System notifications if you haven't done that already.
Or the safest thing to do if you don't want updates would be going into Developer options and turning off "Automatic system updates"