This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG phone 7 Ultimate MMS not working

CaxXxmoo
Star I

I just purchased my ROG 7 Ultimate and switched from my old OnePlus phone. The ROG 7 has been problematic with networking particularly MMS which haven't been working ever. I've been looking for a solution for this problem and tried every trick sofar with no avail.

The MMS settings seem fine and identical to the OnePlus phone and when I put the SIM back in the old phone MMS work just fine.

Has this problem been reported? Or is it only my device? How can I contact ASUS technical support from Australia I purchased the phone directly from ASUS ROG store on AliExpress and I don't think they'll do much. 

15 REPLIES 15

Yikes
Star I

Has this been resolved? Just bought the ultimate then updated to android 13 then sim network not working. Im currently using three mobile.

I was lucky the phone was still under buyer protection period so I've had the phone returned for a full refund. Just a piece of advice never buy a phone from Chinese market even if it's advertised as global version.

How long the buyer protection period ? If I buy rog 7 ultimate something happen to my phone I can get full refund too ? Do we need to pay for buyer protection period ?

Hi @Acuez, buyer protection programs may or may not be offered by retailers or shopping sites and they're designed to protect buyers from untrusted and fraudulent sellers. Depending on where you are intending to buy from, buyer protection programs maybe different from one seller to another.  For what it's, worth your new device will come with a full warranty and you may return your device to where you buy it from or to an authorised ASUS repair centre in case if fault. However be cautious when buying from international sellers as your device may not be covered by warranty locally and you may not be able to return the device in such case you may ensure a way to secure your money is not lost.

All the best.

Iamrokmusik
Star I

Okay, I've had my ROG Phone 7 Ult for about a month now and haven't been able to use it.  My SIM card from my old phone (iPhone 11) allows me to see carrier networks but not access them.  I have been to both major cellphone carriers in Okinawa and made some progress today when trying again.

This problem has something to do with the type of SIM card that is used in the phone.  The service people used a SIM card that allowed access to the internet but no phone or text service.   They used a SIM card that didn't work at all and then one of the service members had a fancy Google phone and swapped out her SIM card to my phone and EVERYTHING worked.  They said it was an HD SIM card but I don't know what that means.  The service people weren't with my current carrier so my phone still don't work.  After work I am returning to my service carrier on Kadena and see if this new found knowledge produces results.  I'll try to find out more tonight and post the results if any.

If this info helps anyone else solve the issue please post it for us!