cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS launcher issues

ToM_M
Star III

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased the ROG Phone 7 Ultimate, and I've been experiencing numerous problems with the ASUS launcher, including frequent crashes.

While utilizing the two-layer mode, I often encounter a situation where moving an app icon results in unintended duplication. Consequently, I end up with multiple instances of the app icon, each functioning independently and appearing in various locations and directories.
To resolve the duplication issue and prevent its recurrence, I find that I have to restart my phone. Unfortunately, this solution is temporary, as the problem tends to resurface upon subsequent usage.

Furthermore, there is an additional issue I've encountered. After adding an app to a directory (or a group of app icons) using the plus sign, if I navigate back outside the directory and attempt to move any other icon, the launcher crashes. Consequently, all the changes I made since the last restart (or any other potential saving points) are undone, requiring me to rearrange everything once again.
Similarly to the previous issue, the only temporary solution to address this issue is to restart the phone. However, it is worth mentioning that even though a phone restart can temporarily resolve this particular issue, the issue is likely to reoccur at a later time, requiring another restart to address it temporarily.

Additionally, there is a persistent bug that I have been reporting since the ROG Phone 3 (which also occurs on my wife's Zenfone 9). This issue specifically affects right-to-left (RTL) languages. When attempting to move an app icon within the app drawer (not on the main screen), the icons are mistakenly relocated to the wrong positions, appearing mirrored.
For instance, if I place an icon at the far left, it will end up on the far right instead. Similarly, an icon originally positioned as the second from the right will be placed as the second from the left, and so forth.

Please address those issues ASAP as they render the phone practically unusable. The constant need to restart the device every few hours is highly inconvenient and far from what can be considered a normal functioning state.

Thank you

11 REPLIES 11

Hello, I'm an ROG Phone 7 Ultimate user as well and I can provide information on the Asus Launcher failing as well. It looks to be random when using certain applications in my phone. It could be the coding and handling of it. When I use Google Maps it crashes. The apps no longer load and when I turn the screen off it won't wake up again until the phone restarts itself on its own

ToM_M
Star III

Hello,

The issue with RTL languages was fixed, and now it is possible to move the app icons without issues.
Hence, it also solved the issue I have reported about getting icons out of a group of apps (directory).

But the duplication issue still exists, @Mattias_ASUS do you have any news about that?
I believe the launcher crash issue will be solved as soon as the duplication issue is fixed.
*I have noticed that the duplication issue happens more often for newly installed apps, not only for newly installed apps but more frequently than it happens for older apps.

Hope it will be solved soon, please update here if there is any progress.

Thank you