cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 6D - General Discussion Thread

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Hi all,
We are only a couple of days (!) away from the ROG phone 6D launch event. General discussion threads will be removed moving forward and you are kindly asked to use this thread if you want to discuss the ROG Phone 6D with other Zentalk users.
Post-launch, please refrain from using this thread to highlight technical issues, bugs or sales-related topics, as this thread exists for general discussion purposes only. If you want to highlight an issue, please create a separate thread and an ASUS moderator staff will assist you further.
As always, keep it clean and be respectful. The thread will be moderated accordingly and posts that break ASUS's community rules will be removed. If you spot any bad behavior in this thread, or any other thread on Zentalk, please let a moderator on the ASUS staff know.
GL HF! ❤️
ROG Phone 6D Event | ROG
35 REPLIES 35

FunBike31
Community Legend I
There is an Open the hatch function in Armory Create for maintenance but I couldn't find a single test that details the closing system, it just notes that there is a drop sensor to close it in case of shock but no one drops it to test 🙂
it is to be hoped that it does not close automatically when launching a game without Aerocooler connected

Mattias_ASUS
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/229979#Comment_229979

It might be interesting to know wheter or not we can open the vent without having the cooler attached. As having it open would increase cooling capabilities quite a ton as it doesnt trap hot air inside the phone.

@Mattias_ASUS Can we open the latch without cooler attached?

View post
The latch can be opened for cleaning but can't be kept open outside of the cleaning routine, it will close immediately to prevent damage to the internals.

FunBike31
Community Legend I
@Danishblunt
You have your answer, and the confirmation that asus does not design the cooling system with players, opening the hatch when launching a game with Armory Create without AeroCooler would have been a nice option, estimated -5°
The hatch is ideally located at the top for the evacuation of hot air.
The fan is not essential in many situations, ambient temperature around 20-25° and when the AirTriggers are sufficient. The tactile back of the 5 Ultimate would have made the 6D absolutely TOP.
At the same time, even if I don't see what risk there would be with a normally constituted player, when you work in a maintenance service, the position of asus is understandable 🤣

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
FunBike31

@Danishblunt

You have your answer, and the confirmation that asus does not design the cooling system with players, opening the hatch when launching a game with Armory Create without AeroCooler would have been a nice option, estimated -5°

The hatch is ideally located at the top for the evacuation of hot air.

The fan is not essential in many situations, ambient temperature around 20-25° and when the AirTriggers are sufficient. The tactile back of the 5 Ultimate would have made the 6D absolutely TOP.

At the same time, even if I don't see what risk there would be with a normally constituted player, when you work in a maintenance service, the position of asus is understandable 🤣

View post
Not entirely sure how I feel about your last point. Does the fan have a filter? If not, then I fail to see how a user is going to make it worse having it open without fan vs with fan.

FunBike31
Community Legend I
@Danishblunt
haha, me neither but I did specify a normally constituted user. (I'm talking about the brain)
use it outside in the rain, by the sea or near a sandbox, spill your drink, put it in your pocket or bag, force it closed by hand, there is no limit to the stupidity of some 🙂
For the filter, not seeing its presence in the exploded views, however, the AeroCooler seems to blow the air inside, a small removable filter would have been a good thing