cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG 6D Ultimate Quick Charge compatibility

rp115640
Star III

Hello,

Does ROG 6D Ultimate support QC 3 or above?

Here's the situation. When I wa still using my ROG 5 Ultimate, charging it with PD or QC 3 compatible charger and cable will show "Fast Charge", and charging it with the bundled ROG charger will show "Hyper Charging".

Now that I'm using ROG 6D Ultimate, using a PD compatible charger and cable will show "Fast Charge", and using the bundled ROG charger will show "Hyper Charging". But using  QC 3 compatible charger and cable only shows "Charging".

So, I check the official ROG product page for both ROG 5 Ultimate and ROG 6D Ultimate to compare.

At the Tech Specs, Battery section. ROG 5 Ultimate states "Equivalent 6000 mAh (typical) high-capacity battery, supports Quick Charge 5.0 and PD Charging". ROG 6D Ultimate states "Equivalent 6000 mAh (typical) high-capacity battery, supports PD Charging".

Can anyone confirm with me does ROG 6D Ultimate supports Quick Charge?

2 REPLIES 2

rp115640
Star III

Alright. I've taken a look at the Tech Specs for ROG 6, ROG 6 Pro and ROG 6D.

I've also checked Qualcomm's website.

So, I've concluded that ROG 6D and ROG 6D Ultimate do not support QC. Most probably because they are not using Qualcomm's SoC.

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.