This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone restarting when sim inserted

I recently bought the ROG Phone 6 Batman edition and the phone works fine until I put my sim into it.
When the sim is inserted, the phone comes up with 'factory data resetting' and then restarts. Then comes up with an error saying 'Can't load Android system. Your data may be corrupt, If you continue to get this message, you may need to perform a factory reset and erase all user data stored on this device.' I have the option to try again or factory data reset. I have reset it a few times and it seems ok. As long as the sim is in before I reset it the phone will work fine but if the phone restarts for some reason after it has been reset then the issue starts again and I have to reset the phone again. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?? any advice would be greatly appreciated
11 REPLIES 11

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
chosen_paradox

I can't see a bend and I tried rocking it but couldn't feel any movement.

View post
maybe try and blow into the sim card slot and see if any dust etc. is getting out.

Can't see anything coming out.

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Symptomatic of a SIM card problem, but hey, we are in the presence of an ASUS, then!
Version 8 Gen 1 or Dimensity 9000?
Have you tried the SIM 2 slot?
The correct functioning of the SIM on an old phone does not exclude an incompatibility of this SIM on a new Phone, (Which old phone, date of the SIM?), requesting a new SIM is necessary to diagnose if this is a problem Firmware, SIM card, drawer problem

anyx313
Star I
Hi,

I have the exact same problem.
I bought The Batman Edition and did the whole set up and everything worked fine until I put the sim card in the phone.
Than it showed the message "com.android.phone stopped working" and started restarting, asking for a factory Data Reset.

After few tries, I returned the phone and ordered the new one, but the same problem all over again. I even bought a new sim card ,but nothing helped .
Even after many talks with the Asus Team, I still wasn't able to fix it. So basically the phone works great, but without the SIM card

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Lol, now it's certain, it's a game console that's shaped like a phone
Finally a bad console on the Batman Médiatek version if ASUS duplicates the wifi bug which has worsened with the new firmware of the 6D, there will therefore be no more mobile network or usable wifi, ASUS increasingly strong 😂
toutx313, paradoxe_choisi
Which version do you have, Qualcomm or Mediatek
https://rog.asus.com/phones/rog-phone-6-batman-edition-model/spec/