This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why ROG phone 6 have limited performance?

mnegreaionut
Star III
My Zenfone 8 is faster than ROG phone 6. ( Because CPU stay at 2.7mhz)
I have aero cooler 6, I ve tried x mode+ and lvl 3 in advanced gaming tuning both variants have CPU always is blocked at 787Mhz.
I like to play competitive games.
What can I do ? I want max performance.

22 REPLIES 22

FunBike31
Community Legend I
This is the main problem, no predefined mode of Armory create allows to have correct performances and when rarely it is the case, asus pushes a new profile which breaks it as it regularly does.
Clearly, there are only 2 methods for optimal performance, do not insert (or remove) Armory Create games or define an advanced profile and there is no documentation for beginners.
For each option there is only the developer/technical documentation that you have to look for and above all to understand and adapt for each game, what works for one game can be catastrophic for another, for example generating frequent fps drops, the passage from one cpu group to another.
excavation5  You should maybe share your configuration otherwise I think it will not happen
mnegreaionut You can try with the explanations of advanced settings with this link
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/18439/game-profiles-guide-call-of-duty-mobile-x-mode-performa...

Lossani
Star II
excavation5

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/240176#Comment_240176

screenshot-20221205-001006-call-of-duty.jpg

Also you dot need high performance in game that not need to force the cpu and gpu to max ... I play whit constant 120 fps and setup the cpu in this way cores 1-4 from min to max 1.6 ghz

5-7 from min to max 1.8 ghz

8 from min to max 1.9 ghz

The gpu is limited to 220 mgh

Becouse you dont need any more of this ....

screenshot-20221205-001035-call-of-duty.jpg

Also in different games i use different modes that are best optimized for the games

For CODM battle royal i change the mode again for better performance becouse battle royal is more heavy and need more cpu and gpu from multiplayer mode but again i dont force the CPU or GPU to max

View post
Hello, please share full configuration for both MP and BR or share DE Game Genie config file please. Thank you

excavation5
Rising Star II
Lossani

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/240193#Comment_240193

Hello, please share full configuration for both MP and BR or share DE Game Genie config file please. Thank you

View post
I think the share is done but for any case i will upload a video of the settings
First is for multiplayer second is for battle royal
Also other advice when you play battle royal dont use more than 90hz screen refresh rate becouse everything bigger than this will force the GPU at max frequency .... I also write a post about this but i dont think they will change it
excavation5

Screen refresh rate change brightness and force gpu to max frequency 

screenshot-20221107-011925-apex-legends.jpg

90 hz user normal gpu frequency

screenshot-20221107-011917-apex-legends.jpg

165 hz force gpu to max frequency

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/OI5LCAONUBZF/20221107-010939-011847.mp4

Also this is the video how changing screen refresh rate affecte the brightess at 120-144-165 hz the brightest is good but at 60-90 hz brightess is very low

Screen refresh rate change brightness and force gpu to max frequency
In multiplayer you can use 120 hz screen refresh rate and ultra frame rate in game settings this will allow the game to run at 120 fps but when you set up your profile for multiplayer or battle royal and start to play if you minimize the game for a moment and after this enter in the game again that will automatically set up GPU to use max frequency .... So if you use more than 90HZ screen refresh rate try to not minimize the game becouse this high GPU frequency will make the phone hotter
Also if you need other profiles for any other games write me i can help
Also other advice if you dont have the cooler try to play at wi-fi becouse 4G and 5G internet make the phone also hotter i notice this not only on rog phone but also on other old phones that i have
Thats 2 profiles i share is my mains profiles i play only whit them and you will not have problems whit overheat or fast battery drain

excavation5
Rising Star II
FunBike31

This is the main problem, no predefined mode of Armory create allows to have correct performances and when rarely it is the case, asus pushes a new profile which breaks it as it regularly does.

Clearly, there are only 2 methods for optimal performance, do not insert (or remove) Armory Create games or define an advanced profile and there is no documentation for beginners.

For each option there is only the developer/technical documentation that you have to look for and above all to understand and adapt for each game, what works for one game can be catastrophic for another, for example generating frequent fps drops, the passage from one cpu group to another.

excavation5  You should maybe share your configuration otherwise I think it will not happen

mnegreaionut You can try with the explanations of advanced settings with this link

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/18439/game-profiles-guide-call-of-duty-mobile-x-mode-performa...

View post
The only thing that Asus can do whit Armoury Crate is to broke it ...... I will not forget how after android 12 for asus rog phone 5 they broke Armoury Crate they set also a temperature limit ... After 46 C the performance profile that i apply has turned off and automatically set up the cpu and gpu at smaller frequency for now whit rog phone 6 i dont have this problem and the phone is not overheating for 98% of the games

mnegreaionut
Star III
Bla bla bla bla. Just please tell me how to configure a customized profile for max performance or give me one with all settings for all things on max. I have cooler, and if it blows it blows.
I paid for performance give me performance no matter what game I play.
If I want to play candy crush with 3.2Ghz leave me play.
I want to see at work CPU and GPU at maximum speed.