This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog Phone 6 - Opening Camera app puts phone into a short bootloop

jommy
Star I

I've tried doing some research online, some folks say its a software issue, some say its a hardware issue, personally I do feel that its a software issue, because if I remember to clear the cache and storage of the stock camera app, the issue doesn't happen before I open it.

I've downloaded Open Camera to see if a different app will get around the problem, but I can't change the default camera app, so I'm likely to make the mistake of opening it without remembering to clear the cache. Sort of defeats the purpose as well, I often need quick access to a camera.

Anyone else had this issue and got it fixed? Hoping a firmware update will resolve, but there hasn't been one for a while. Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

My phone dropped on the floor and it died :') I changed 2 ROG Phones in less than 1.5 years. 

ROG Phone 5S had water induced damage. After which they introduced ROG 6 with water-resistant feature (fair enough). ROG Phone 6S dropped and died. I don't fault the phones, I blame it on myself. But end of the day, both phones quoted me the same repair fee of $1.2k in my local currency, which is as good as getting a new phone. A phone with such an expensive motherboard needs to be protected but can barely withstand a single drop. 

That being said, I have my doubts on getting my hands on such a phone in this series again, where a good shockproof casing is pretty niche for this line. The phone itself boast superior framerates and battery life but the durability sadly, is almost non-existent.

My rog3 fell down stairs 2x, multiple times on the ground, accidently banged it on the edge of my bed, table etc, rolled over it in my sleep and it's still fine after 3 years, granted it was in a case, it's still impressive tho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46cliWE9tHY

8:10 will represent what the Rog3 was like. It was the most durable and well designed phone from ASUS by a longshot. Superior performance and batterylife is a lie, the idle drain on Rog phones is abysmal, the screen is way to slow and wasteful and the performance gets completely destroyed months after release since the Rog5 series.

For context, I currently own a sony phone which "only" has 5000mah, it drains 1-2% idle nighttime and can easily achieve 9+ hours of SoT with a 4k display and 120hz, something the Rog can never do even at 60hz.

SILENT988
Star III

It seems, my friend, that we have become a victim of his Asus, and our money has been swindled