This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 6 camera bootloop, again.

nightxmaneuvers
Star III

Hello,so i have Asus ROG Phone 6 (16GB/512GB version) for half a year now and i have a weird issue recently.
The phone will sometimes freeze when i using the camera app/or doing anything with the camera like scanning QR codes, it'll crash and stuck in a boot loop for a while but it eventually boot back in the system.I clear the cache as someone here in the forum told me but it stills persist.Appearantly they didn't EVEN BOTHER to fix this in the new Android 13 patch.

Anyone here got the same problem as mine ? All of us with this bug should gather around and tell Asus all about it.I'm pissed.This probably going to be my last Asus product,ever.This is definitely not about the hardware, it's more about the apps/software.And please don't pull that "send it to repair center" shtick to me,i don't even think they know this bug/and it's time consuming/not solves anything at all.

56 REPLIES 56

deadbmx99
Star II

I have too,

asus said to go to the service center, but what about those who bought it a long time ago, or who do not have it in the country this is a 100% firmware problem, I also started to show up after a long time it only helps to close access to all applications to the camera The opening appeared in the latest versions of Android 12 it was working fine before the more times the phone turns off, the longer it takes to reboot, which clearly indicates a problematic firmware

Same,we need to gather everyone who had this bug into a group and sue their asses xD

I bought mine on preorder and still have a 1 year warranty. So everyone should have it still. Not to excuse the problem. This is making this phone very difficult to own. I use the camera multiple times a day for work and and the constant rebooting and boot loops are annoying. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

The only chance after cleaning camera app cache files is a factory reset

I have reset my device and no trouble