This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog 6 turn off/restart when turn on camera 2

excavation5
Rising Star II

previously posted about the problem mentioned in the title, and I'm reposting it here.

https://zentalk.asus.com/t5/rog-phone-6/rog-6-turn-off-restart-when-turn-on-camera/m-p/441630#M5773 

My question is, why hasn’t anyone from the ASUS team responded? How is it possible that I could use my phone’s camera for almost two years without any issues—taking thousands of photos—and then, after the last update to .276, my camera now has a 20% chance of crashing when I open it, causing the phone to turn off? What’s the fix for this, given that the problem started after the latest software update? Also, what am I supposed to do if my warranty has expired and the issue is caused by an update?

I’d like to mention that this isn’t my first ROG phone. I also own an ASUS ROG Scar G16 (G634JZ), a ROG Gladius 3 mouse, a ROG Aim Lab mouse pad, and a ROG Strix Go 2.4 GHz Electro Punk headset. Before this, I had another ASUS ROG Strix G16 (G614JV) laptop, and my first laptop, back in 2013, was also an ASUS. I’m a big fan of ASUS products and have used them consistently, but when issues like this come up, it’s disappointing. It’s frustrating to receive a software update only for it to end up breaking my camera.

1 REPLY 1

mnegreaionut
Star III

I had the same problem for three months. I posted the problem here, and received a response from a moderator that I should take the device to service. I took it under warranty, of course, they changed the motherboard, then it worked for me for two months without problems. guess what, now I have the same problem again but the warranty has expired. let me just say that my device has only been in service the whole time, I've had it four times (dead pixels, problems with the display, problems with gluing the display, problems with some scratches on a brand new display) I've completely given up on ASUS !