This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG 6 Pro - How to Disable AudioWizard for better Sound Quality (aptX Adaptive Bluetooth)

Tayan
Star II
I was wondering if there's a way to disable the DIRAC AudioWizard DSP app as it affects audio quality (both via the 3.5mm headphone jack with UM MEST MK2 IEMs and over Bluetooth using aptX Adaptive with my Noble FoKus Pro TWS).

I know for a fact that this app/postprocessing is causing deterioration in sound quality even when left on the "music" preset with default headphones. Please see attached screenshots which includes my settings with developer options as well.

I'm coming from an LG V60 and expected the SoC DAC to be a downgrade with plugged IEMs but it should be identical over Bluetooth since it supports aptX Adaptive (and Lossless at that) - it's just that the AudioWizard is interfering and if I cannot bypass that then I'll have to return the phone as it is a dealbreaker.

Model Name: ROG Phone 6 Pro
Firmware Version: 32.2810.2210.216
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Constant
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): AudioWizard app and any high-res music streaming such as Tidal HiFi/MQA with Bluetooth aptX Adaptive.

22 REPLIES 22

FunBike31
Community Legend I
With the number of audio problems, without correction for many months, worse because it deteriorates with each new firmware, I would return the phone 🙂
have you disabled the absolute volume in the developer options/Bluetooth?, do it and test before continuing
Otherwise, but it's at your own risk, check out XDA, this was done on ZF8 and doesn't seem to be a problem
Here is the link to uninstall/reinstall with ADB
https://www.xda-developers.com/uninstall-carrier-oem-bloatware-without-root-access/

Tayan
Star II
FunBike31

With the number of audio problems, without correction for many months, worse because it deteriorates with each new firmware, I would return the phone 🙂

have you disabled the absolute volume in the developer options/Bluetooth?, do it and test before continuing

Otherwise, but it's at your own risk, check out XDA, this was done on ZF8 and doesn't seem to be a problem

Here is the link to uninstall/reinstall with ADB

https://www.xda-developers.com/uninstall-carrier-oem-bloatware-without-root-access/

View post
I tried that and it just seems to reduce volume level, I practically need to max it out to get a decent listening volume. The AudioWizard app still affects the output via Bluetooth aptX Adaptive. This has gotta be one of the worst design choices ever... Objectively reducing SQ with a crappy EQ/DSP that can't be disabled. I wonder if it's the same case with the Sony Xperia 1-IV. I know that with the ROG 5 series the AudioWizard would only affect wired inputs not TWS over Bluetooth, not sure why the made the change here.

AndrewMcN
Star III
I think it's gone from my phone after:

pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.asus.audiowizard
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.dirac.acs

After this, I can't distinguish between Apple lossless 16/44.1 and UAPP Bit Perfect 16/44.1 WAV

FunBike31
Community Legend I
I haven't tested because I gave up on my ROG5, but this software is the one that really gave me satisfaction way above all others on my other phones for music.

Lecteur audio USB PRO – Applications sur Google Play