This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent (8/10/24) Security Update Boot Loop Rog phone 6

Homefry91834
Star I

TL;DR: I updated to the most recent security patch (Aug 10th, 2024. Tmobile) and my phone (Rog Phone 6) has been in a boot loop ever since

For the past few months I have been dealing with, and trying to work around, the camera boot loop issue. I've tried what I've could, and nothing has worked. This morning, I got a notification for a new security update. I looked at what it covered (being wary since the 'upgrade' to Android 14) and noticed that it worked on 'system stability'. My phone was at 98%,  but just to be safe, I plugged it in and started the download. After the  install completed, my phone went to reboot, and has been boot looping ever since.

I can get into the bootloader via Volume up + power button, but no matter what I try (restart, power off, recovery mode), nothing works. I haven't factory reset yet because I have a lot of data on their I don't want to lose, but will be doing so shorty and updating, but nothing I've seen online leads me to believe it will work.

I've been upset with @asus for a while over this issue, but I was giving this update the benefit of the doubt. I know they don't care about me, or the people I've been warning against ASUS as of late, but this has to change.

Anyone else having this problem?

0 REPLIES 0