This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Front camera option is missing in camera app

Rowdyruffbrick
Star II

A few weeks ago, my ROG Phone 6 (global) started having issues with the camera, the front camera button would go missing and the pictures taken from the main camera looked weird.. I had to restart the phone to get them working again but overtime it got worse and the restarting did not help anymore. I figured it was a software issue so I cleared the cache of the camera which did not fix it and I wanted to clear the cache of the phone itself but couldnt as it was not unlocked nor rooted. I posted on xda and someone else told me that they had the exact same issue and it was a driver issue(?). The flashlight function does not work as well from the notification shade. Weird thing is the front camera works in apps like WhatsApp so I know it is working and it isnt a hardware issue. I thought it would be fixed with the A13 update, but it did not.

Could someone please assist me in this?

1. Model Name: ROG Phone 6 (Global SD version)
  2. Firmware Version: WW_33.0610.2810.72
  3. Rooted or not: Not rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Camera application
60 REPLIES 60

I used it  a few days after the update but it goes back to the problem...it so annoying... To go to setting deleting cache on and off starting but still selfie is not appearing...pls help us on this matter so we enjoy using our mobile. Even in a video call in messenger i cant see the family that im talking to..pls help us.

nope

It would not fix the issue 

Hi, I still have problems with my camera. Selfie and portrait mode is missing. How can I fix this problem? My phone is ROG Phone 6 diablo edition

unfortunately the board and camera might be bad and you may need to have it repaired.