This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Front camera button is missing in camera application

Leeyh
Star II

A few weeks ago, my ROG Phone 6 started having issues with the camera, the front camera button is missing and the pictures taken from the main camera became blurry and can't focus.. I've tried to restart the phone several times but nothing seems to happen. Weird thing is the front camera works in apps like Instagram so I know it is working and it isnt a hardware issue. 

Could someone please assist me in this?

Model Name: ROG Phone 6 (Global SD version)

Firmware Version: WW_33.0610.2810.159

Rooted or not: Not rooted

Frequency of Occurrence: All the time

APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Camera application

14 REPLIES 14

welcome to the club, unfortunately it loooks like a mobo issue and you need to report it to asus service center right away

I just did, did they fix yours already?

Yup they did. They replaced my motherboard twice since the first one did not solve the issue. 

Wthc
Star I

Same here missing in camera app to switch front facing or back facing camera button. Version 33.0610.2810.166 when trying to update says i already have latest update. Location Taiwan.

Hi there. You can try to reset your phone to factory if that will help but if not most probably it is a hardware issue. Hoping that you still have warranty since the issue points out to motherboard replacement. Truly disappointed in this phone since motherboard was replaced twice in less than a year. Good luck.