This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display issues - refresh rate, UI animation, display (hardware)

Stalkjer
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
  Model Name: ROG Phone 6 16GB
  Firmware Version: WW_32.2810.2208.165
  Rooted or not: NO ROOT
  Frequency of Occurrence: Sometimes & some always
  APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Issues:

1. Sometimes Refresh rate is capped to 60Hz. I have noticed that sometimes when I unlock phone frame rate is capped to 60 even if I have some higher refresh rate selected. Then I must go and switch to another to fix this. I also noticed that when phone is idle refresh rate switches for a moment to 60 and go back to selected for example 120. I am using Show refresh rate in developer options to get confirmation. I do not use auto refresh rate. Additionally i have noticed that screen slightly changes brightness and colors when toggling between different refresh rates.
1-refrate.png

2. I am wondering if I have some issue with display. Screen is visibly dotted? IDK if this is proper word for that. For example when I open group of apps the thin line between group name and app icon is not continuous but dotted. On screenshot looks fine.
2-display.png

3. Ugly glittering in select animation. It looks like glitch. I have compared it with Pixel 6 when it looks good. Best to notice when You slow down animation.
3-animation.png

4. Why I cannot use and configure system lighting when on balanced mode? I have all toggles on but it seems light effects are working only in X mode

Do any of you have similar problems?

8 REPLIES 8

DarkShield
Rising Star II
Does the refresh rate stay constant at 60 when you touch the screen, if it increases, I think it's something to save power when you don't touch the screen.

DarkShield
Rising Star II
Stalkjer

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

Issues:

1. Sometimes Refresh rate is capped to 60Hz. I have noticed that sometimes when I unlock phone frame rate is capped to 60 even if I have some higher refresh rate selected. Then I must go and switch to another to fix this. I also noticed that when phone is idle refresh rate switches for a moment to 60 and go back to selected for example 120. I am using Show refresh rate in developer options to get confirmation. I do not use auto refresh rate. Additionally i have noticed that screen slightly changes brightness and colors when toggling between different refresh rates.

1-refrate.png

2. I am wondering if I have some issue with display. Screen is visibly dotted? IDK if this is proper word for that. For example when I open group of apps the thin line between group name and app icon is not continuous but dotted. On screenshot looks fine.

2-display.png

3. Ugly glittering in select animation. It looks like glitch. I have compared it with Pixel 6 when it looks good. Best to notice when You slow down animation.

3-animation.png

4. Why I cannot use and configure system lighting when on balanced mode? I have all toggles on but it seems light effects are working only in X mode

The thing in the second picture is available in the screen theme, but you can still check to see if it's on a white screen, otherwise everything is fine.

DarkShield
Rising Star II
Stalkjer

Issues:

1-refrate.png

2-display.png

3-animation.png

We wouldn't have seen it if the thing in that second picture was from the phone, but you still look at the same places on a white screen.

Mattias_ASUS
Regarding the questions @Stalkjer
1.- Try moving the screen and check if the framerate changes, there's no meaning in using 120hz on a still image, which would explain this since it's only applied while in movement.
2.- We are now looking into single pixels, it is fairly normal and I also see it on my device if I get the device fairly close to my face.
3.- There was another post earlier regarding this and it is actually by design from Google on Android 12.
4.- Could you please send a screenshot of the "Balanced" setting? or the Armoury Crate power settings?