This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display issues - refresh rate, UI animation, display (hardware)

Stalkjer
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
  Model Name: ROG Phone 6 16GB
  Firmware Version: WW_32.2810.2208.165
  Rooted or not: NO ROOT
  Frequency of Occurrence: Sometimes & some always
  APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Issues:

1. Sometimes Refresh rate is capped to 60Hz. I have noticed that sometimes when I unlock phone frame rate is capped to 60 even if I have some higher refresh rate selected. Then I must go and switch to another to fix this. I also noticed that when phone is idle refresh rate switches for a moment to 60 and go back to selected for example 120. I am using Show refresh rate in developer options to get confirmation. I do not use auto refresh rate. Additionally i have noticed that screen slightly changes brightness and colors when toggling between different refresh rates.
1-refrate.png

2. I am wondering if I have some issue with display. Screen is visibly dotted? IDK if this is proper word for that. For example when I open group of apps the thin line between group name and app icon is not continuous but dotted. On screenshot looks fine.
2-display.png

3. Ugly glittering in select animation. It looks like glitch. I have compared it with Pixel 6 when it looks good. Best to notice when You slow down animation.
3-animation.png

4. Why I cannot use and configure system lighting when on balanced mode? I have all toggles on but it seems light effects are working only in X mode

Do any of you have similar problems?

8 REPLIES 8

Scorpion
Rising Star I
To the point number one: i have selected 144hz but the refresh rate sometimes gets suddenly locked at 60hz even tho I move the screen

DarkShield
Rising Star II
Scorpion

To the point number one: i have selected 144hz but the refresh rate sometimes gets suddenly locked at 60hz even tho I move the screen

View post
If you're watching 60hz video or playing 60hz games, it's normal for it to be stuck at 60hz, but if you move it up and down on a blank screen, it still hangs at 60hz, then yes it can be a problem.

Stalkjer
Star II
Sorry for late response.
Here is proof for Ad.1. As @Scorpion also noticed. For me it happens frequently after unlocking phone after long break. Only way to fix this is to change refresh rate manually. I really do not understand why - besides battery consumption optimization - refresh rate changes automatically. Why this don't work as with PC displays. When I pick 120hz I want to always be 120hz. Otherwise I would use Auto refresh rate.
Ad 2. It is very subtle effect. It creates pseudo-Chromatic aberration effect which is nice in games i have no problem with that, but when it comes to reading like, twitter, FB it gets quite annoying and exhausting.
Ad 3. Maybe this is because this animation is not adjusted to screen ratio as Rog phone 6 has quite unusual screen ratio?
Ad 4 @Mattias_ASUS Here are screens and photo. Maybe photo looks like it lights on white color but in fact it is turned off. So I do not see here any option to turn it on and for example pick any static color to by turned on in balanced/or dynamic as translated in polish localization.
20220928-115448.jpg
screenshot-20220928-110553-armoury-crate.jpg

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.