cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery care and longterm charging

alphaone268
Star II

Hi everyone,

since the pandemic my employer offers full time work from home. And since I'm not out a lot, I have a few questions regarding battery care.

I use scrcpy to mirror the phones screen to my working station, so it somewhat needs processing power and is not idling.

I actually dont want to be constantly plugging and unplugging my phone from the power supply and manage the battery status between 30 and 80% "manually". But still I want to keep my phones battery healthy.

1. Is it okay to leave my phone 24/7 plugged into the power supply? I've set an 80% charging limit.

2. Does it automatically uses bypass-charging in any app when the charging limit is reached? or is it only active, when configured in game genie for active apps?

1. Model Name: ROG Phone 6 16/512GB
  2. Firmware Version: Android 13 - WW_33.0610.2810.104
  3. Rooted or not: not rooted

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Mattias_ASUS

Hello!

Bypass-charging needs to be activated through Game Genie so you would need to add your app to Armoury Crate for Game Genie to launch in-app, this would also prolong the lifespan of your battery more than if you only use the 80% charging limit

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.