Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi & Wifi-Hotspot Not Working

freakingrocky
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS Rog Phone 5
Firmware Version: Android 11 (18.0840.2106.86)
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
========================================
So my wifi & wifi-hotspot suddenly stopped working. They won't turn on at all (the hotspot says Error when I try turning it on from this screen). I tried booting into safe mode (doesn't work there also). Tried restarting it several times. Not sure what to do anymore. I don't wanna lose data so if you know how to fix this, Let me know.
screenshot-20210725-205943713.jpg

515 REPLIES 515

vrshankar0000
Star III
Even I'm facing the same issue all of a sudden from yesterday night. The version number is 18.0840.2106.86 I don't understand why this is not being addressed in any other platforms like YouTube, Facebook, Twitter or anything like that?

visheshgoswami2
Star II
I'm facing the same issue. I was normally browsing in my phone when the device crashed and after restarting I am not able to use WIFI at all. As I try to turn it on it automatically turns off. Honestly it has been a big mistake to trust Asus for the second time after ROG 2 and buy this ROG5. I'm never gonna buy an Asus product again. Once again, Thanks Asus for doing such an inconvenience.

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi freakingrocky,
Check your PM for Wifi issue.

krnapj
Rising Star I
ARP_ASUS

Hi freakingrocky,

Check your PM for Wifi issue.

View post
Let us know too if something can be done, facing too much of inconvenience.

visheshgoswami2
Star II
Dear Asus,
Please provide a resolution for the WIFI not working at the earliest. It's pathetic to know my new device has had such an issue.