This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi and hotspot problem in Rog 5s

ZT-8cef314f
Star III

Hi @Admin  @Titan_ASUS  @Falcon_ASUS  @LP_ASUS @CH_ASUS @ARP_ASUS @Kris_ASUS @Laura_ASUS @Michael_ASUS ,

Yesterday When I was Scrolling on Instagram my phone suddenly turned off. when I turned it back on I found that my phone wifi was off when I tried to turn it on it would not turn on. then I checked for a hotspot it got me an error. after that, I checked for Bluetooth and got the same problem. then I tried to check by self-test using .12345+= in the calculator I found that my 1 vibration motor is also not working. and I also found that my earphone speaker is making less sound than the bottom speaker. after checking for a solution on the internet and Zen Talk community I found it is a manufacturing defect by Asus. And  Asus is not taking responsibility for it.

#ShameOnYouAsus

10 REPLIES 10

From what I have searched, the issue is caused by a software update Asus has given (not sure which one). Many people have the same issue. For those who still has warranty got their motherboard replaced. Idk for how long that would work. For the rest like me who's out of the warranty period, have to pay a lot of money to get it replaced. Basically the cost of the phone has to be paid. Idk how to solve this, basically we're screwed.

But as I know this is manufacturing defect which is appearing in Asus Rog 5 / 5s after or near 2 years of use. Or if you are right let say it is a bug in softwere which is making motherboard to cook it's wifi and hotspot then it clearly Asus Fault.

We have only one option which is Consumer Court.

Because we had not do anything to device which cause the device to malfunction.and as of my research there are arround 660 posts for the same problem.

And this is there response in reply of email

Please find out image attachment

Even after that discount, it's gonna cost a lot right!? We have to pay for what Asus had done. What are you going to do?

At first they give me 20 % discount and then 15% .

I think they are mentally ill.