This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi and hotspot is not turning on

Simba7890
Star I
After the latest software update wifi and hotspot is not working (not turning on)
screenshot-20220102-004145204.jpg
screenshot-20220102-004233958.jpg

22 REPLIES 22

sagaforbes
Star I
I have face same issues, is changing the motherboard is the only way ? What about reset factory will be fix it ?

ronald1985
Community Legend I
sagaforbes

I have face same issues, is changing the motherboard is the only way ? What about reset factory will be fix it ?

View post
You can give factory reset a go, then visit the service centre if it doesn't work.

Abhii2885
Star I
Hi guys, I am deeply sad and feeling cheated by Asus as my ROG5 's wifi and hotspot also stopped working. It won't turn on. Calling customer care center, they simply ask me to visit service center. To their surprise , i visited their service center first but those guys told me that they can't say anything about the phone. They will simply courier to Mumbai. I will have to wait for 15 -20 days. That's ridiculously shameful after spending so much on a premium phone. Does anybody has a solution or the ROG,5 belongs to a dustbin

rStar
Rising Star II
Abhii2885

Hi guys, I am deeply sad and feeling cheated by Asus as my ROG5 's wifi and hotspot also stopped working. It won't turn on. Calling customer care center, they simply ask me to visit service center. To their surprise , i visited their service center first but those guys told me that they can't say anything about the phone. They will simply courier to Mumbai. I will have to wait for 15 -20 days. That's ridiculously shameful after spending so much on a premium phone. Does anybody has a solution or the ROG,5 belongs to a dustbin

View post
We all feels the same. Asus hasn't apologised yet. No official statement about this.
If you visit service centre and guy sitting there is honest then you'll get to know that every rog 5 unit had faulty main board and must be replaced once.
Get ur phone repaired within warranty period. Thats our only suggestion to you my friend.

Lordero
Star I
rStar

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/206415#Comment_206415

We all feels the same. Asus hasn't apologised yet. No official statement about this.

If you visit service centre and guy sitting there is honest then you'll get to know that every rog 5 unit had faulty main board and must be replaced once.

Get ur phone repaired within warranty period. Thats our only suggestion to you my friend.

View post
Simba7890

After the latest software update wifi and hotspot is not working (not turning on)

screenshot-20220102-004145204.jpg

screenshot-20220102-004233958.jpg

Wifi and hotspot is not turning on
Kemarin saya juga mengalami Hal demikian. Tapi pagi ini saya menemukan forum yang membahas mengenai wifi yang tidak nyala. Setelah mngikuti langkah-langkah yang ada, wifi di device saya sekarang sudah nyala. Tapi belum tahu akan sampai kapan. Saya belum coba mematikan wifi Dan menyalakannya lagi.
Jika mau mencoba anda bisa mengikuiti langkah-langkah ini.
-Reboot to safe mode(Perangkat akan menunjukan airplane mode)
-Matikan airplane mode kemudian nyalakan wifi. Ulangi beberapa Kali untuk menyalakan Dan mematikan.
-Pergi ke menu pengaturan, Dan reset wifi.(ini optional, soalnya reset wifi tidak dibahas di thread itu)
-Langkah terakhir restart Perangkat.

Semoga berhasil🙏🏼