This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which version does ASUS ROG 5 model "i005DA" map to ?

xslogic
Star III
I just received the phone. It looks like this is the Tencent version. and the model number is 'i005DA'
I was told, this model corresponds to Version 'A'. If that is true, then according to the ASUS website, The following bands should be accessible:
5G (Bands N1, N2, N3, N5, N7, N8, N12, N20, N25, N28, N38, N40, N41, N66, N71, N77, N78, N79)
FDD-LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30, 32, 66, 71)
TD-LTE (Bands 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 48)
WCDMA (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 19)
EDGE/GPRS/GSM (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)

How do I know which version does the 'i005DA' model corresponds to ? Can point me to some ASUS website or verifiable source that maps the model to the version number ?

14 REPLIES 14

Punjabistyles
Star I
twagner240

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/163167#Comment_163167

But other than the 5g issue does the phone still run and perform properly it being the Chinese version?

View post
Yes it does, I gave it back. Not worth the money for Chinese version. I bought the global edition. But now global edition also 4g lte or 5g not working total bullshytt with asus phones. No help from anywhere. But one improved thing I noticed in global version is speakers and audio output via headphones are better and loud.

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Punjabistyles

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/164195#Comment_164195

Yes it does, I gave it back. Not worth the money for Chinese version. I bought the global edition. But now global edition also 4g lte or 5g not working total bullshytt with asus phones. No help from anywhere. But one improved thing I noticed in global version is speakers and audio output via headphones are better and loud.

View post
That's exactly why I sold my ROG and went back to the ZenFone series. I'll never buy a ROG again

Byu
Star III
xslogic

How do I know which version does the 'i005DA' model corresponds to ? Can point me to some ASUS website or verifiable source that maps the model to the version number ?

Wondering if someone could please help me understand this. Thanks much!

View post
Its from amazon listing and also on gsmarea listing.

Byu
Star III
Good question. Asus specification is too confusing.
there is A B C D E F G H . each with different bands. there is no model number.
is there good source can identify the difference ?

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Version G = ASUS_I005DA = China / Tencent Games