This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So After Updating to the latest OS update a few days prior, my phone froze and died.

xerodoom
Star III

After I updated my phone with the latest October software, which I can't quite recall, it was supposed to make the system more stable. However, my phone suddenly stopped working and hasn't turned on since.

My phone is no longer under warranty, and I'm pretty sure it's another motherboard problem. It had the motherboard replaced for similar issues during the warranty period.

Do you have any idea how much it would cost to replace the motherboard of an Asus ROG 5 with 16/256 specs in the Philippines, and do you know where I can get it done?

It's disappointing because I'm a big fan of ROG phones. My ROG 3 had to be refunded due to charging issues and a lack of replacement options. So, I used the refunded money to purchase an ROG 5, but now it's also giving me trouble. Meanwhile, my Samsung Note 9 and S10+ are still going strong without ever needing repairs. It's as if my ROG phones don't want to cooperate.

I would really appreciate your assistance. Thank you very much.

13 REPLIES 13

I responded to your PM, I am not sure if you can assist me with an out of warranty product, but I need your response as soon as possible because I need a mobile phone for work and I don't even have a backup to use. My actions will depend on what your response be, if I will give up on this phone and purchase a new one (surely not ROG anymore) or if I can get this fixed cheaper than a brand new phone(30000PHP Motherboard replacement VS 34000PHP Brand new ROG 6.

Thank you for your response. I replied to your message, sorry for being late.

Falcon_ASUS

@xerodoom 
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Please check the top right corner and kindly share the serial number in the PM inbox.
Thank you.

xerodoom
Star III

So yeah, if your warranty ends, you are screwed 😅