This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So After Updating to the latest OS update a few days prior, my phone froze and died.

xerodoom
Star III

After I updated my phone with the latest October software, which I can't quite recall, it was supposed to make the system more stable. However, my phone suddenly stopped working and hasn't turned on since.

My phone is no longer under warranty, and I'm pretty sure it's another motherboard problem. It had the motherboard replaced for similar issues during the warranty period.

Do you have any idea how much it would cost to replace the motherboard of an Asus ROG 5 with 16/256 specs in the Philippines, and do you know where I can get it done?

It's disappointing because I'm a big fan of ROG phones. My ROG 3 had to be refunded due to charging issues and a lack of replacement options. So, I used the refunded money to purchase an ROG 5, but now it's also giving me trouble. Meanwhile, my Samsung Note 9 and S10+ are still going strong without ever needing repairs. It's as if my ROG phones don't want to cooperate.

I would really appreciate your assistance. Thank you very much.

13 REPLIES 13

xerodoom
Star III

Yeah, after the incident with my ROG 3, I was more careful of how I used my ROG 5 but still it died on me. I always monitored temps, bypass charged whenever battery is at good levels and temps are getting higher. I hate that I have bad luck with ROG phones but I hate to admit it, the quality is not on par with other brands. For a so called Premium Gaming phone, you have to still be careful when gaming. Mine had a display glitch before dying on me garbage display was the last screen I saw before it died.

RIP. I just noticed, does the back of your phone feels a bit warm even now after it died? Mines is a bit warm particularly at the motherboard area.

xerodoom
Star III

No it is not warm, I called one of the service centers to ask for the pricing if motherboard replacement was needed. They told me it would cost around 30,000 PH Pesos. Considering there are brand new ROG 6 16GB 512GB specs for sale for 34,000 PH Pesos. I don't think I will buy a replacement for it. For this one I don't even think I'll buy another ROG phone anymore. I really loved Asus and believed in the quality of the products it produces in the Computer Space, even my routers are Asus. Right now, Asus lost a long-term customer and a fan.

login078
Star III

Oh, 500+USD. I better buy a new gaming phone then. My phone is really getting warmer I'd just go to the service center near my area next week, this might be dangerous. Really weird it feels like it's 37C temp now coming from the motherboard area. Probably because after my phone glitches it still rebooted but only at the RoG logo then died. I deeply regret buying this gaming phone 

@login078 
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Please check the top right corner and kindly share the serial number in the PM inbox.
Thank you.