This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

same problem as everyone else, wi fi is greyed out and cant turn on

wificantturnon
Star II

I've tried all the steps in troubleshooting, I've read numerous forum posts, I've restarted my phone multiple times, I've reseted my network over and over again, the wi-fi still wont turn on... its just grey and I cant even hold it to see what networks I can join. Is swapping my motherboard the only solution? So ridiculous as I've owned this phone for less than a year.... And to be honest this isn't the only problem I've been having with ROG phones. This phone is riddled with software issues and bugs. I am so close to switching back to apple....

1. Model Name: ROG Phone 5S
  2. Firmware Version: WW-31.0810.1226.146
  3. Rooted or not: NO
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: CONSTANT
8 REPLIES 8

Th3on
Star II

Bro You Also have the same problem that all rog 5s users have. Its manufacturing defect bro. You have to contact your nearby asus customer service. And then drop there unit for 3-5 days.

sleungarsenal
Star I

same problem as everyone else, wi fi is greyed out and cant turn on.

It just suddenly turned to grey.

Hi @sleungarsenal ,

according to your problem, please refer to the following FAQ to try to troubleshoot your Wi-Fi problem first.

https://www.asus.com/support/faq/1006657/

Also, I have PM you for confirming Wi-Fi issue details.
Could you please check the PM inbox at the top right corner of the screen and kindly provide the requested information?

Thank you.

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.