This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG5 No Wifi after latest update (18.0840.2111.196)

siam_phaipi
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG5
Firmware Version: 18.0840.2111.196
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

7 REPLIES 7

FunBike31
Community Legend I
I can only confirm the previous message, there has not been any update that damages the wifi, it is even likely that you would have lost the wifi after shutting down and restarting the phone without updating.

On the other hand, I agree with you, this update is botched, neither done nor to be done.
For my part, I still have the same bugs, for example it is impossible for me to plan to spend a weekend away from home without the Asus charger, the charge function QC4 or QC4 + indicates a charge but does not charge. Fortunately, USB charging from a PC port still works.
The untimely reboot suffered by some users is still present
A big question therefore on this forced update.

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi siam_phaipi , 
Apology for the experience. For now, request you to please visit the service center. Please share the RMA via PM if you have any issues during service or any issues confirm via PM as well.
Thanks.

KillSwitch
Star III
ZT-6ba223c6

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/196362#Comment_196362

The update doesn't screw the phone... The damage was before the update. Your chip likely burned before but the necessary drivers are loaded during the boot process.

An update/restart will of course reload those drivers but since the place where this is stored is damaged - it can't load it thus no WiFi.

The update doesn't "damage" your WiFi directly..

View post
That actually makes sense...let me try to self diagnose and see how to load the required drivers