This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG5 No Wifi after latest update (18.0840.2111.196)

siam_phaipi
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG5
Firmware Version: 18.0840.2111.196
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

7 REPLIES 7

siam_phaipi
Star II
screenshot-20211201-091431343.jpg
The problem started after updating it to the latest update which i got this morning (1/12/2021) I need a solution ASAP

siam_phaipi
Star II
Now my phone died, no sign of life even when charger connected. I was just trying to open my notification message and then the phone shut down itself, after that i can't turn ON the phone again. Before the last update, i never face any problem.
Any HELP is much appreciated.

KillSwitch
Star III
siam_phaipi

screenshot-20211201-091431343.jpg

The problem started after updating it to the latest update which i got this morning (1/12/2021) I need a solution ASAP

View post
Am facing the same... don't know why Asus keeps on pushing botched updates which actually screws up the phone

ZT-6ba223c6
Rising Star I
KillSwitch

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/196246#Comment_196246

Am facing the same... don't know why Asus keeps on pushing botched updates which actually screws up the phone

View post
The update doesn't screw the phone... The damage was before the update. Your chip likely burned before but the necessary drivers are loaded during the boot process.
An update/restart will of course reload those drivers but since the place where this is stored is damaged - it can't load it thus no WiFi.
The update doesn't "damage" your WiFi directly..