This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG PHONE 5 USERS, DOES YOUR PHONE DIE AT 20% AND IS THE SIDE COVER FOR THE AEROCOOLER NOT STAY IN ?

TurboFltr
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: rog 5
Firmware Version: android 11
Rooted or not: not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: daily
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

4 REPLIES 4

k_huat
Rising Star II
TurboFltr

1. Model Name: rog 5
  2. Firmware Version: android 11
  3. Rooted or not: not rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: daily
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

ROG PHONE 5 USERS, DOES YOUR PHONE DIE AT 20% AND IS THE SIDE COVER FOR THE AEROCOOLER NOT STAY IN ?
k_huat

1. Model Name: rog phone 5
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not:
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: everytime after the only first time I saw it works at battery 9%

Is it normal for my rog 5 shutdown at battery level about just below 20%?

I saw my phone once works under 10% n it shows a red light notification when it reach 9%, after that I charge my phone everytime before it shutdown.

But recently my rog 5 shutdown at the middle I watch YouTube at battery level somewhere below 20% (everytime in last few days). I thought the battery might drained up coz by watching YouTube; but just now at the middle of replying zentalk my rog 5 shutdown again at battery level somewhere below 20% as well. Is this normal? It seems like I can only occupy the battery between 80-20% only? Thanks

My setting is dynamic n auto for refresh rate.

Ps: pls do not ask me to generate the log as I'm not well versed in tech stuff n I hv no time for it.

Phone shutdown @battery just below 20%
Pls refer same issue above

SwaggieP
Star III
TurboFltr

Yeah. I faced the same problem last time for the battery. Just do a battery calibration it'll be fine.

ZT-6ba223c6
Rising Star I
TurboFltr

NO .

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi TurboFltr,
Have you tried battery calibration?
To recalibrate battery,charge your phone to 100% without interruption. then discharge it normally till 0%(phone gets switched off). charge it to 100% in switched off condition and keep it in that state for a little more time. now switch on your phone in charged condition and unplug when ASUS logo appears. keep the phone unused for 5 mins. you will get far better battery life as the battery stats.bin file will be updated.