This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 5 shut off

CreativeMind
Star I
Hello, please help me with my issue, 5 days ago my ROG Phone 5 just shutted off and never switched on. Its been 5 months since i bought it.
It was 90% charged battery. Handled with care. I tried researching already and i am not sure which is the right problem.
My greatest problem is i bought it in Philippines and i am currently onboard a ship and i cannot do anything here till i got back home, also if i cannot go home within the warranty period, idk how much will it cost just by repairing it.
If someone knows something kindly leave a comment with any kind of troubleshooting please.
Thank you so much.
CreativeMind
5 REPLIES 5

FunBike31
Community Legend I
It's not going to make you happy, but I sincerely think that if there was a smartphone not to buy for maritime use, it's a phone without any waterproofing standard, even minimal, which is the case of the Rog 5, it would be desirable to know the average humidity level that you have had since you embarked and the duration.
Otherwise, when you plug in the charger, does the LED light up?
Have you tried pressing Volume Down + Power

CreativeMind
Star I
Thank you so much for your feedback.
Now that it is dead, no lights were showing. But before it all functions well.
But i disagree about waterproofing regarding Rog5 since i am an officer and i always stayed inside. And vents are good here.
Yes i have tried that power key and volume buttons for 6 days now 😂😂 but no luck. Still hoping though.
I've researched about motherboards which was most likely the problem, but still refusing to accept it and still looking for other troubleshooting ways.

Thank you so much.
CreativeMind

FunBike31
Community Legend I
CreativeMind

Thank you so much for your feedback.

But i disagree about waterproofing regarding Rog5 since i am an officer and i always stayed inside. And vents are good here.

Yes i have tried that power key and volume buttons for 6 days now 😂😂 but no luck. Still hoping though.

I've researched about motherboards which was most likely the problem, but still refusing to accept it and still looking for other troubleshooting ways.

Thank you so much.

CreativeMind

View post
This is always the case before a failure, the device worked well 🙂

Helpful clarification, this should eliminate the cause of the interior condensation or oxidation and avoid giving you an extended stay of rog 5 in a bowl of rice.

Unfortunately, power failures come in 2nd or 3rd position after Wifi, the ultimate test would be to connect it to the side usb-c port of a PC and see if the pc recognizes something and if it's the case to continue with ADB but what you describe does not leave much hope.

CreativeMind
Star I
You gave me hope in the last one, i will try it asap. Hopefully my laptop will recognize something.

Thank you so much.