This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog Phone 5 - Does not boot , not even to the bootloader . No charging indicator as well

reubenrox12
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog Phone 5
Firmware Version: I am not sure
Rooted or not: Yes , have been for the last 5 months (Every phone I have owned are Rooted and I am 100% sure its not due to the root . None of my other phones have yet had a problem even remotely similar to this one)
Frequency of Occurrence: just once
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
Its the thirteenth month of ROG phone 5 usage . Worked normally in the morning , was charge since it was at 20% so I decided to charge it . Came upto 60-65% . Disconnected the charger and 5 minutes later it just stopped working , not turning on , no charging indicator when plugged in , no bootloader nothing .

Took it to a local shop to know what the problem is (since ASC is far for me) they said that the battery is only showing 8v instead of 9v . Took it to ASC after a 2 hour drive and they said I might have to change the motherboard and its going to cost 60-70% of the phone . I have taken good care of the phone , not even a single scratch on it . I have work and its connected to a google authenticator on the phone . Since its not turning on I cannot work anymore . Have had losses around 10k just in a day for missing work .

Disappointed at the fact that ASUS service center is asking to pay such a ridiculous amount for fixing the phone which has passed a month of its warranty
5 REPLIES 5

FunBike31
Community Legend I
You could certainly have negotiated warranty coverage by writing to ASUS or a user association with the astronomical number of failures on this model because it is a manufacturing defect that is easy to prove, but by rooting it you have reduced your chances to obtain 99% satisfaction.
On the other hand, the battery should show 8v (8.1 to 8.2) at 60-70% if that was your charge level, 8.3 at 80%, 8.8v at 100%

reubenrox12
Star II
So is there no way to get this fixed ? Paying 38600 for a new motherboard seems too much . Everyone who has taken a look has confirmed its a motherboard issue .

I really want to get this fixed but being a student the cost of getting it fixed is .....

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi reubenrox12,
Please check your PM and share the details.

reubenrox12
Star II
I have sent you the required details . Sorry about the late reply .