This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 5 bootloop, broken and can't be used after 2 years 4mo (4 mos after end of warranty 😂)

shi1000
Star II

As title said, my phone totally can't be used starting from this morning. suddenly it started to restart and stuck in boot screen (where it shows android and then ROG logo then screen turned off and on again starting from android logo, looping continously

Also has problem of air trigger can't be used, and fingerprint biometric doesn't work (not even shows up in option anymore)

Now I know why this crowned as death phone in Indonesia. Any recommendation to fix this?

Model Name: Asus ROG 5

Firmware Version: Android 13 - Exact version can't check as phone is stuck already, but it is updated to latest version, checked 2 days ago and no update notification again until yesterday

Rooted or not: no

Frequency of occurrence: still restarting until now from couple hours ago. (Starting from 3/6/2024 GMT+7)

EDIT: Added video

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

shi1000
Star II

Solution: just steer away from this brand, i'll count this as a really bad purchase on my part. definitely not recommended, and gonna tell other to not have anything to do with asus. 600$ worth of phone only to be broken in 2 years

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

keren_ASUS

Hi @shi1000 

I'm so sorry to hear about this happening to your ROG 5. Could you please try to factory reset your device by following the steps outlined in this FAQ: Factory Reset

If you encounter any difficulties with the reset, kindly get in touch with your nearest service center for further assistance: Service Center Locator

Hello, finished with factory reset. Unfortunately i'm still stuck on bootloop after that,  exactly like the one in my attachment video

Falcon_ASUS

@shi1000 
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Please check the top right corner and kindly share the serial number and details requested in the PM inbox.
Thank you.

DM sent, kinda lost hope already here