Rog 5 microphone issue

afzalkhan
Star II

Model Name: Rog 5 256/16
Firmware Version: 18.0832.2101.86
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): calling apps
I purchase this 2 month before. From strating I am facing issues with microphone . The other side didn't here my voice clearly and the voice tone is also different. In speaker mode I need to keep my mobile near to my mouth.
All my micro phone port are open. Recording are working good. Only issues when I am on a call.

4 REPLIES 4

Eftapsixos
Star III
having the same problem-opened a thread last night still no response from an asus guy.Many people having the same problem read :
Eftapsixos

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Asus ROG 5 16GB 256 WHITE
  2. Firmware Version: 18.0840.2106.86
  3. Rooted or not: NOT
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Randomly during calls
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Hi there...

Im having a problem with my phone which i have for less than 20 days.

During calls people tell me that my voice gets interrupted and that it sounds like a robot.

Problem happens during normal calls and even facebook messenger calls or Viber calls.

Happens randomly one time they can hear me normally and then suddently it gets interrupted with that "robot" like sound.

Problem was happening from the moment i got the device but thought i should wait and maybe a software update would solve it.Some days after i got it the current update came out and when i installed it problem appeared to not happen any more.But after some time people started telling me the same thing "voice interrupted" and robot voice again.

I have found another thread posted by someone else mentioning the same problem as mine and there are people that have the same thing but thread is closed.Link is below

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/47279/asus-rog-5-voice-disappear-during-calls

What should i do,should i speak with asus?Will they repair the phone or replace it since there hasnt been many days since day of purchase and problem appeared from the start.

Thanks in advance

Problem with voice getting interrupted - sounds like "robot" during calls
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/47279/asus-rog-5-voice-disappear-during-calls

NatanK
Star II
I have the same issue

Irene2_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi @afzalkhan,
1.Are you having this same issue with the latest update WW-18.0840.2107.151?
2.You can also try clearing cache from calling app;
Reset Wi-Fi, Network & Bluetooth (Settings -> System -> Reset options)

afzalkhan
Star II
@Irene2_ASUS My system showing the firmware version is up to date, but it's not the recent version. Help me to update to new version