Eftapsixos
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus ROG 5 16GB 256 WHITE
Firmware Version: 18.0840.2106.86
Rooted or not: NOT
Frequency of Occurrence: Randomly during calls
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi there...
Im having a problem with my phone which i have for less than 20 days.
During calls people tell me that my voice gets interrupted and that it sounds like a robot.
Problem happens during normal calls and even facebook messenger calls or Viber calls.
Happens randomly one time they can hear me normally and then suddently it gets interrupted with that "robot" like sound.
Problem was happening from the moment i got the device but thought i should wait and maybe a software update would solve it.Some days after i got it the current update came out and when i installed it problem appeared to not happen any more.But after some time people started telling me the same thing "voice interrupted" and robot voice again.
I have found another thread posted by someone else mentioning the same problem as mine and there are people that have the same thing but thread is closed.Link is below
GarethJax

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name:
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not:
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

1. Asus ROG 5 16gb 256gb Black

2. 18.0830.2101.86

3. No

4. Intermittent during calls

During calls I "disappear" for a brief moment, so the one I talk with cannot hear me. Then it's fine again, might just last a second or a few. It occurs randomly during calls, at times there are no issues for 15 minutes, then it can happen every second minute.

This happens with different people I talk with and on my old ROG (first generation) phone this doesn't occur with the same connection.

First I thought it might be due to how I hold the phone but it can happen on speakers too.

Anyone else experienced this?

Loving the phone otherwise, but this is rather annoying!

Asus ROG 5 - Voice disappear during calls
What should i do,should i speak with asus?Will they repair the phone or replace it since there hasnt been many days since day of purchase and problem appeared from the start.
Thanks in advance
18 REPLIES 18

krnapj
Rising Star I
No use brother , see the flood of posts , they don't reply , they don't care. I have post abt robotic voice n echo on my rog 5 , but they have not replied and it's been more than 3 weeks. Another post of low wifi download speed - same thing ,no reply.All our queries are falling on deaf ears. If you can , change your phone for samsung or smth, otherwise we are literally at the mercy of their convenience. It's like they donot even test the phone/ updates and experimenting with us.i am never buying rog again.

Eftapsixos
Star III
its my first rog phone...only problem i have is this.Im going to call the support page for my country tommorow and see what they will say...i can see on other threads that nobody replies and they get locked i dont understand 😞

Luchulainn
Star III
Can confirm that I also have the same issue. Same firmware version.
I either sound like a robot or they can't hear me at all and I have to reconnect the call.

Eftapsixos
Star III
Hey I have found that problem probably happens only when call is on speaker.
I have recorded a conversation and I cut and merge into 1 file all the moments with the problem.
Can you please check and tell me if you are having the same problem?
Page doesn't allow me to link the audio or a link please use Google to search "xda Having problems with voice calls-voice dissapears-gets interrupted-sounds like "robot"
I have made a thread there